“Almost like sushi but not sushi”
Review of Red Fin - CLOSED

Red Fin
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Seafood
Dining options: Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Greenville, South Carolina
“Almost like sushi but not sushi”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Sushi rice is mushy. Price is high for the portion. No kitchen for kitchen food as told by the servers.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Donna C

Greenville, SC
“Decent”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I bought a Living Social and then looked up reviews online. I was not expecting much after reading the reviews!

PLUS: This place has Sapporo on draft.

My husband and I split a Spicy Tuna Roll....for people who said this was the best sushi Bahahahahaha!! You guys are joking right? I've had better sushi from The Fresh Market.

Regarding the stone cooking- I got the Beef Carpaccio and my husband got the Philly Cheese. We were pleasantly surprised. The quality of the beef was excellent. It looks like they switched up the stones based on pictures. We didn't have a problem with them. I thought the side choices were weird. Mashed potatoes, asparagus or red skinned potatoes? What about some Asian sides?!

Service was great.

Overall, we had a good experience, but not sure we would come here again.

• Visited July 2013
“UnProfessional and rude!!!!! Never experienced anything so shocking in my 10 years in Hospitality business!!!!”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I never write reviews, but this was the most shockingly rude greeting I've ever gotten walking in a venue. Ive been a Manager for years and held very job in the book when it comes to restaurants. So needles todayI went to apply for the open Bar position and when I asked to speak to the Manager, the hostess told me there was no manager on duty. I replied, Really no manager?? This didn't make any sense. I thought she was either just rude or dumb. No way a restaurant has no Manager on duty! That is just unheard of... She replied, Well Nick is kind of, sort of the manager!? And the real managers bike is outside ao he might be here.Then she yells for Nick quite loudly! WOW I have never? So Nick comes over and she told him that I said I needed to give my resume to someone I can "trust"!!! Ok, never come out of my mouth! I handed my resume and cover to apparantely the "real" manager ..He asked me one question, handed me an application, then tosses my perfectly prepared resume in the linen closet!!! Whoever is the "real" Manager I hope you read this and learn from it! -Ashley

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank AshleyBuff
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
“Best sushi in Greenville, but sloooooow service.”
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Just ate Red Fin for the second time. The sushi is fresh and massive. Absolutely delicious. I highly recommend the Black Dragon and Red Fin roll. But, prepare to be there for a considerable amount of time even if the restaurant is empty. I'm not sure why it takes so long to prepare the sushi, but it did both times. Go with some friends and don't get too upset if you have to wait on your food a little while.

Visited June 2013
Greenville, South Carolina
“For the Sushi Connoiseur!”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

This is a legit sushi restaurant...much less commercialized than the others in town. I've never had anything less than stellar service, and they have great drink specials. Smaller menu, but distinctive taste and fresh food. This is my favorite place for sushi in town. Perfect for a date night.

Visited June 2013