“really lovely surprise”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Went for lunch with a business colleague who wanted to eat southern! Had the brisket tacos and was very pleased. This is a really good place to eat and I can't wait to take my wife there. Highly recommend

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Really enjoyed this hidden jewel in Greenville. Superb service, laid back and casual atmosphere. Our party shared the barbeque/blue cheese chips for starters and excellent cocktails. We all shared the beef, and shrimp tacos with whole fried okra. Had an excellent southern salad, my daughter did not like the wedge salad as it was not served with the usual blue cheese and was a bit bland, but all in all everything was excellent. The only negative was that our food came out way too fast. My advice is to not order your entree until you are finished with cocktails and appetizers. We were advised that they have changed their menus many times as the chef is constantly trying new things. Makes it interesting and will be fresh each time. My daughter loved the homemade banana pudding for dessert. Apparently they offer live music too as their is a stage set up.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Wow, I wish I lived in Greenville. I would be trying everything on that menu.
This was the best meal I had eaten in many years. I live in Atlanta and have been in
some of the best restaurants in Atlanta. Southern Culture Kitchen and Bar would have
to open double the size if they were in ATL. They would give these restaurants a run
for their business.
What can I say, you have to go, the food comes and you want to take a picture because is
is like looking at beautiful art.
Patricia AKA PATTY

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Our party of 5 arrived at 8 PM on a Saturday night with no reservation. We only had to wait about 20 minutes. The service was excellent. We all ordered different things and everyone LOVED it! My husband is a fried green tomato snob and he LOVED theirs! The vibe is hip but it is not pretentious and you can wear jeans or shorts and not feel out of place. Go here. If this place was in Atlanta it would be super expensive. The five of us had entrees, app's and two drinks each for about $150.

Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I enjoyed our visit. I highly recommend the goat cheese grits and the jalapeño slaw. Those were the highlights of the night In my opinion. They surpassed the sandwich and tacos we ordered. Next time we go I will probably order one of the entrees. We just didn't have a huge appetite the night we went. The service was okay and the atmosphere was okay.

A great option in the Cherrydale area if you are wanting something a little different.