“Nice Surprise”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Not what I expected from the outside view. I work downtown Greenville and was looking for a nice change of pace for lunch. From the outside view, I honestly expected a biker bar, but make no mistake this is a BBQ joint. I'm not sure what it is like past 5pm, but it is a great lunch choice. My girlfriend had the "little" BBQ sandwich and it was still great portion for a "little." I had the brisket sandwich. It was opened face with onions over 2 pieces of Texas Toast: good portion with lots of flavor. Their sauces are very good and they have many choices of sides. The server could have been a little quicker with the order and known the menu better but still a good experience. If you're are downtown and want to get good BBQ...don't go to Sticky Fingers, take the trip to Mac's!

1  Thank ReaganCKelley

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Mac's is a great addition to downtown Greenville. The menu is full of great choices at a reasonable price. The restaurant is family-friendly, although I do wish the waitresses wore a little more clothing. The servers are very friendly and accommodating, and we will be back.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Food was awesome, our server was perfect!!! New place on the west end of Main Street downtown Greenville. Motorcycle parking, car parking lot - rare for downtown. The bartender makes really good drinks!!!! Live music, outdoor patio... This place has everything!!!!!

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Nothing special. Food was average and service was below average. There are better sports bar options in Greenville.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

What can I tell you...the BBQ is pretty good. Its s nice change of pace for these parts, in that its St. Lou and KC styled. But is Mac's a good restaurant?

I'd call it more of an event than a restaurant. With 12+ TV screens, all going full blast....few empty tables, and a zillion beers on tap....plan on yelling to be heard. Its is all pretty distacting.

Mac's would like to have you think its a 'biker bar', but in truth is somewhat more civilized than that. Of course, your average biker is a bit more civilized these days too. They still sport the same silly outfits, bandanas, and bad tattoos, but today there's a lot more flesh attempting to escape over the top of those leather pants. And for today's bikers, Mac's is perfect.

Don't get me wrong its a nice spot for 'civilians' too. Foods good, beers cold, location is trendy, and the decor lends itself to the theme, but again, plan on yelling to be heard.

Would I go back? Yeah. There's certainly better BBQ to be had in Greenville, but as a place to meet friends, have a few, whoop it up, and then call a cab....Mac's hits the spot.

Unfortunately I wasn't the only one distracted by all the goings on. At separate times during my meal I asked my server for a cold glass, extra napkins, and another round. In each case, after extended waits, it was just easier to do the footwork myself. Frustrating, but much more efficient. 'Course then again, Mac's is more of an event than a restaurant. And events are mostly serve yourself affairs anyway.