“Wish we had stopped in sooner”
Review of Mekong Restaurant

Mekong Restaurant
Ranked #119 of 934 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have seen this restaurant each time we traveled Wade Hampton, but never stopped in until reading the reviews here. We should have visited Mekong much sooner. The exterior is unassuming, but the interior is pleasant and the food great! It is not a fancy place and prices are more than reasonable. We had lunch two days in a row. The first day we split Fried Tofu Summer Rolls, a Duck bun & Lemongrass Chicken Vermicelli. The food was amazing! I had unsweet tea and my husband had the lemonade (which was perfect -not too tart or sweet). The second visit we expanded our choices: mango bubble tea, avocado bubble tea, Fried Tofu Summer Rolls, Fried Tofu, Papaya salad and Chili-Garlic Shrimp.
Everything was fantastic and the portions are generous (as were the ones our first visit)! The desserts were also delightful - the portions are generous; two people could share and be satisfied. We had banana & tapioca, taro & tapioca and sweet black eyed pea & sticky rice. The desserts sound unusual but try them. We will be visiting Mekong again soon. Just not on Monday the only day they are close. Enjoy!

1  Thank Rhiotre

Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had an excellent dinner. Spring rolls, summer rolls and buns to start. He had combo Pho and I had lemongrass beef vermicelli. All so fresh and delicious. The herbs were so fragrant and lovely. When we left we drove behind the restaurant and saw the most gorgeous parking lot garden. No wonder it was all so good.

1  Thank Skinnydip65
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We come here once a week. At least. There, that's all you need to know.
Recommended: steamed buns, vermicelli bowls, lemongrass chicken, anything with the grilled pork.
Service is prompt and attentive. Owner is very friendly and you can tell genuinely loves what he does.

1  Thank OctopusLane
Reviewed May 27, 2014

not fancy and not terribly expensive. big portions and fresh greens ( for pho etc) menu to try different noodles and soups. pretty authentic and varied. a good adventure to go thru the entire menu. duck buns were terrific ! skip the ordinary and see what happens. not open on mondays.

way better than pho 99 where they still don't speak english after over 15 years and the food is pretty much the same with different names. i used to think thiswas the only and best game in town but i've changed my mind.

1  Thank aaannarbor
Reviewed May 16, 2014

My family and I eat at Mekong regularly and we've always enjoyed our meals! The service is quick and efficient! It's a family favorite!