“Great restaurant”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

It is a New Orleans type of restaurant, with Cajun options to jambalaya to even gator. Even if u don't like that sort of thing they also have a variety of things non-seafood friendly. I had an amazing burger that I highly recommend

Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

You can sit at the short tables in front with a view of the street, or the tall tables in the back with the view of the river.
I had the salmon salad on a bed of arugula. It tasted great and was $11. Husband had the jambalaya and it was good too. The restaurant had a decent selection of beers both on tap and bottled.
It was nicely decorated. Back in
the day it was a Ford dealership.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

What a wonderful surprise. I didn't really have high expectations when I made reservations here for a friend's birthday. I had heard this was more of a bar with food. I was surprised. The food was delicious and very authentic. Our service was top notch. The fried oysters and roasted oysters were some of the best I have had. The entire way home we talked about how yummy the food was. I will definitely be back and will highly recommend this resturant to others.

1  Thank Charliemom1979
Reviewed May 24, 2013

So... it is so hard to find great and precisely cooked crab legs. Not to mention ALL YOU CAN EAT in the upstate that's at a decent price. Ford's knows how to do it and the atmosphere is just as great.

9  Thank Jason H
Reviewed May 11, 2013

A year ago my wife and I first visited Fords during Artisphere (huge event in Greenville and recognized around the USA as a premier art show) and enjoyed it so much we have returned many times and recommended it to lots of friends. Well, we were downtown visiting Artisphere again this year and planned to stop in for lunch. When we arrived there were two other tables occupied outside. A waiter asked what we would like to drink and then shortly after another waiter arrived with water and asked the same question. We told him we had placed an order for their signature Bloody Mary and an unsweet iced tea. He returned shortly with our drink order and said he had four tables and others had just been seated and he would be right back. Well 30+ minutes later he arrived and by this time the outdoor area was full.

Sensing he was overwhelmed and it was only going to get worse we asked for our check. He dropped it and we took it inside to pay and asked if the greeter could take care of it and if there was a manger available. She took the bill and our credit card and introduced us to the manager, who, after hearing our unpleasant offered to not charge us at all. At that point the waiter came through with our bill and proceeded to process it. I told the manger and he half-heartedly tried to stop the process and we ended up paying our bill. I have no complaint since we consumed the tea and Bloody Mary -- but it seems like the manager had no better grasp of customer service than the waiter.

At least the original waiter who took our order offered his regret as we were leaving.It will be awhile before we return and we will definitely ask for another waiter if we get the same one.

So disappointed because we really like Fords!

1  Thank Toothsc