“Average”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Went looking for great po'boys but found average nothing special. Not sure if I just have high expectations but was not impressed. Red beans & rice were also average.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Really neat bar, very good food, has some great entertainment on the weekends. Enjoy going very much!

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Oh my, oh my, oh my. I've eaten here a great deal and LOVE the food. Hands down the best grilled oysters on the planet. The gator can be hit and miss, but the oysters are always spectacular. The red beans and rice ettouffe', are great as well. My favorite? Shrimp and grits!! YUUUUMMMMY!!!

Reviewed October 21, 2012

The seating is very nice and causal. I am from Louisiana. The 3 cups (gumbo, etouffee, and red beans and rice) were authentically excellent. Nice atmosphere and a sure hit.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

My husband and I were walking on Main St in beautiful downtown Greenville when rain went from light showers to drenching! We saw Ford's Oyster House across the street and decided to duck in out of the rain for soup and salad. We arrived just past brunch and were able to pick a booth at the front window. Since we planned to have an early dinner, Larry and I decided to keep our brunch to a minimum, so I ordered the Iceberg "Blues" Wedge ($6) and a cup of Chicken & Andouille Gumbo ($4), while Larry had a bowl of Seafood Gumbo ($8). The iceberg wedge was cool, crisp and lightly drenched with a buttermilk bleu cheese dressing, extra crumbles of bleu and fresh, crispy bacon pieces with tomato slices and salad greens on the side. It was DELICIOUS and I felt a fine value for $6. My cup of chicken & andouille sausage gumbo: the roux was quite flavorful, however there was only 1 small bite of andouille and too much 'cubed' chicken, with a large dollop of rice. Larry's seafood (with andouille) gumbo was tastier, yet still lacked more than one teeny bite of the promised andouille, plentiful on the baby shrimp, though! After our brunch, our attentive and pleasant server, Ronni, inquired if we'd care for one of their special draft beers. We could hear there was live acoustic guitar and singing in the bar at the back of the restaurant, so we ordered a draft (Harpoon Summer Beer?) that had a clean, crisp, light citrus taste, served with a slice of orange. Enjoyed the service, the sounds, the food, the beer and the all-around fun experience.