“Spend an hour or two at the zoo!”
Review of Greenville Zoo

Greenville Zoo
Ranked #9 of 98 things to do in Greenville
Type: Other
Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

This is a small but nice little zoo. We had a couple hours to kill before dinner and the zoo, surrounding park, and snow cone vendor helped us do that. Maybe we lucked out, but the lions and giraffes were out running around and entertained everyone for a good while. The "petting zoo" area was cute. Was fun for us four adults, but would be a a great overall area to take kids for the day.

Reviewed August 25, 2014

I wouldn't mind that the zoo was small with limited attractions, because sometimes on a hot summer day a trip to a zoo that you can see all the sites in less than 90 minutes is just what you need. I did however think that the animals are kept in the least amount of space possible, and several looked thinner than animals I have seen at other zoos. In the future, we will visit Greenville for restaurants and parks and head to the Riverbanks Zoo in Columbia when we want to visit the animals!

2  Thank Darci M
Reviewed August 19, 2014

We felt the zoo was an excellent zoo for a family with small children. The exhibits were great and the trails were very good for strollers or walkers.

2  Thank kris1958
Reviewed August 19, 2014

This zoo is small... very small, which is both a blessing and a curse. It's a blessing because we were able to fit our visit in between breakfast and lunch. It was a nice compact chunk of time that fit perfectly into the rest of our agenda. It's only a curse if your are expecting a more expansive zoo like you are probably used to visiting in more metropolitan areas.

My three kids and I saw every inch of this zoo in one hour. We were walking at a leisurely pace and stopped for a bathroom break. The exhibits themselves were a little small and dated - they were kind of like what you would expect from a zoo back in the 1970's. Still the animals seemed healthy and relatively happy. There was a decent mix of animals with large cats all the way down to hissing cockroaches.

Because we were in the area for other reasons, this stop fit perfectly into our day. I don't know, however, if it's worth making a special trip for.

2  Thank StevenML
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

While zoos in general bother my environmental sense, Greenville, for the most part, provides habitats that appear sufficient for their resident's. I still cringe seeing wild animals held in caged areas and cannot shake the feeling that it is not right though. The adjacent park has a playground that is delightful for the kids.

1  Thank o2see