Open today: 10:00 AM - 4:15 PM

from $65.00
from $69.00
from $49.00
More Info
All reviews baby giraffe farm animals perfect size large playground great playground gift shop picnic area couple of hours few hours small city all ages the swamp rabbit trail lions boo reptiles exhibits halloween
Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

I visit here with my family and out-of-town friends. Small quaint little Zoo but hey we have a zoo. Everybody please support this place kids really love going to the zoo. My personal favorite are the flamingos.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Such a cute place to go! My husband and I took a long lunch break and just walked around the beautiful and well kept zoo. It was great seeing the wonderful animals and enjoying a nice bite of food as well.
Worth the trip to it.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Very wonderful little zoo. Well laid out and full of Wonderful and amazing creatures. Great place to bring a family.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I had a great time at the Greenville Zoo. It's certainly not first tier caliber, but it's in a small city. I feel it's appropriately priced and we had a nice time.

1  Thank Brent W
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Some people will complain this zoo isn't very big to others. Zoo Atlanta, Riverbanks Zoo, and the NC Zoo are all within a few hours drive and much bigger. But that does not mean this zoo is not well worth the visit.

The zoo covers 14 acres. And this is an older zoo so animals are still in big spacious cages or behind glass rather than a natural barrier between you and the animals like other zoos. They are part of the AZA. But they do have some changes going on at the zoo and I know at one time they had elephants. They have birds, monkeys, turtles, lions, giraffes, and one gorgeous orangutan that I fell in love with. They also have a petting zoo. And they have a reptile house with snakes, lizards, and turtles.

I have no idea why it took me 2 years to get here. But I finally made it. And I am here for Boo at the Zoo because quite frankly any places looks better decorated for Halloween and this place looks great. I pay my admission and the first place you see is the reptile house. I pass right over the spiders and cockroaches (they are placed there and not the place is over run with cockroaches). I am OK with snakes as long as there is glass between me and them. And I certainly enjoy turtles and lizards. Since it had been drizzling this day, I can take my time and enjoy the animals. I am loving photographing them and talking to them (yes I talk to animals all the time). And I adore the decorations. The lions are doing what cats of all sizes do..sleeping. I am adoring the new baby gariff. And while I love zoos that allow the animals to live as they would in the wild..I had an encounter with the orangutan that I could not have at one of those. He came up to the glass and places his paw on the glass and I did the same. The he puckered his lips and kissed the glass as to kiss me and I did the same. I just sat there with him for about 10 minutes before anyone else came in. And for me that was priceless. I also love the pink flamingos and black swan. And I adore the petting zoo and wondering if they would notice me walking out with a baby goat??

They do have restrooms. They have a gift shop and place to grab some food. They are handicapped accessible. They do hold a number of events throughout the year (to include Boo at the Zoo). You can rent the place for your next big event. They do have 2 plug ins for electric cars! They do have plenty of free parking.

** one HUGE tip** bring lots of quarters for feed at the petting zoo and ducks..and they have a squished penny machine.

You will not need much time here. And this place is for everyone, not just small children. I am glad to be child free and I love this place. So come on down as this is the perfect place to spend some time.

1  Thank Sburris65
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Cute, small zoo! Not much going on! Good for small kids, 6 or under, anyone else would be bored! Too little to see, has potential if the can expand by 10x.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We enjoyed the visit to this zoo. It is kind of small and not as exciting as some of the other zoos that we have visited. We didn't encounter any zookeepers which would have made it better. It has a lot of value for the price of admission. It has a nice trail throughout.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We have visited several zoos and were pleasantly surprised at how much we enjoyed this zoo. We have preschoolers and therefore have a limit attention span. This zoo was the perfect size to enjoy within that attention span. We were also impressed with the variety of animals and how close you are to the animals. It was a delight to visit!
We took our own lunch and would encourage you to do the same as the offering at the zoo was very limited (i.e. hotdogs and chips).
We appreciated the friendliness of the zoo personal that we encountered.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We went during October, so the cute decorations and awesome inflatables are on display. It's a small zoo, but worth a Sunday afternoon. It's right next to a great park with unique structures to play on, plus the usual playground structures. If you have a WNC Nature Center membership, it's free admission. In fact, if you're a member of a zoo, try out your card, you may receive free admission, too!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Good variety of animals. Nice trail going from one exhibit to the next. Lots of play areas for kids.