“A little off for New Year's...”
Review of Breakwater Resturant and Bar - CLOSED

Breakwater Resturant and Bar
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: O'Neal Street
Description: Breakwater is an upscale, neighborhood bar and lounge featuring a quality dining menu along with craft cocktails, an excellent wine list and a full variety of beer.
Reviewed January 6, 2014

seated promptly, attentive service, but the entrees were not up to their normally very high standards. I still rate it as one of my favorites in Greenville and will give them another shot.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

My boyfriend took me on a date here. It was fantastic. The atmosphere is perfect for going on dates or really going to a nice place with a group of friends or co-workers. The food was phenomenal. I got the Ahi Tuna and wow was it good. It was seasoned so well and the sauce that came with it was great. My boyfriend got the Venison Chop, I tried a piece of it and that as well was fantastic. Before our entree we got this Arugula and Apple Salad. Wow the dressing was amazing; apple cider vinaigrette. Our waiter was great and knew the menu very well. Unfortunately we were too full for desserts but did they sound delicious.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Have not been in a year or so for no particular reason but have been three times in the past month. Each meal has been very good with some highlights. First, it's usually lively and on a busy night not a quiet place which is fine by me. The charcuterie board is a favorite along with the seared scallops on risotto. The venison was also very good. Never had a bad meal there ever, service has always been good....some of the hostesses are young and inexperienced. Kelly the bartender is very nice. Give it a go!

1  Thank aiko492
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Favorite place to meet friends downtown. Bar area gets busy but bartenders are excellent. Great food

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I took my girlfriend and her daughter for my girlfriend's birthday. The valet parking out front was extremely convienent because the city was very crowded. We were seated promptly and the service was excellent. They had a 3 for $30 menu that gave you choices of soup or salad, three different entrees and 3 desserts. The wine list was very good and I ordered a bottle of wine. The soup was lobster bisque which was very good. The girls got the salad which they both raved about. I got the venison meatloaf which was very tasty. The girls both got shrimp and grits which I tasted and loved. For dessert we got creme brulee, chocolate cake, and 3 different sorbets. An excellent ending to a wonderful evening. I would definitely recommend trying this resturant.