“Best "hummus" ever tasted”
Review of Breakwater Resturant and Bar - CLOSED

Breakwater Resturant and Bar
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: O'Neal Street
Description: Breakwater is an upscale, neighborhood bar and lounge featuring a quality dining menu along with craft cocktails, an excellent wine list and a full variety of beer.
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Cool restaurant. I travel for business so I eat alone and usually at the bar. Very nice bartenders, super friendly and personable. I had the lamb meat loaf and hummus plate and it EASILY the best hummus I have ever had. Definitely recommended.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Breakwater has one of the best bar staffs in town. Its bar manager is very creative, and his staff is very good. I've visited three times now (primarily to drink the Moscow Mules). I've eaten at the bar twice. Both times, I had tapas portions and enjoyed my food a great deal. Try the butterbean humus for a great appetizer.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

As a "foodie" and service professional my family and I chose Breakwater for my birthday dinner. Sitting down, the restaurant is elegant yet incredibly inviting and fresh. The wine list is condensed but really allows one to enjoy great wines at any price point.

First courses took a bit longer than expected but were worth the wait. My father had the tartare, brother fried shrimp, and I the carpaccio. All exceeded our expectations and were presented gorgeously. I only wish I had a tad more arugula on the carpaccio, however the flavors were clean and balanced.

As for entrees I had the veal osso bucco special and couldn't have been more pleased with my meal. The veal was perfectly tender and accompanied with black eyed peas(still had texture, which I love), collard greens, and a pickled onion relish. The pork chop was delicious as well as the scallops(mom didn't share) and surprisingly the ratatouille.

We had to rush dessert but both were still delicious. Chocolate mousse is a bit heavy but well worth a share and the pecan torte was simply classic.

Service from start to finish was excellent, friendly and efficient. Hats off to Breakwater!! Great surprise considering this place opened recently. Thanks to you all!

Reviewed November 9, 2012

My wife and I first dined at Breakwater about 6 months ago and were not very happy with certain aspects of the food and service. We decided to wait some time and then give it another try, which we recently did. This time around we were quite pleased with the food, service, and overall experience. I particularly enjoyed the tuna tartare appetizer and the lamb meatloaf main course.
Service was efficient and attentive. We will return based on this latest experience.

Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

Food was as ordered. Nothing special or terrible. Everything was average. I would go back if someone was paying for me, but all in all, nothing was memorable. However, I have friends that this restaurant is their favorite.

1  Thank Angelamindi