“A delicious update”
Review of The Owl - CLOSED

The Owl
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are not much to look at from the outside (yet!), but Trust Us a little and stop by! We will give you a great meal in a fun and casual atmosphere. Our menu includes very reasonably prices small plates as well as several full-entree sized options. The menu changes often as we are always trying to improve, and can be found on our Facebook page. We also have a full bar serving hand crafted cocktails, beer, and wine. Reservations are recommended! Hours: Wed-Thur 5:30pm-10:30pm Fri 5:30pm-1:00am Sat 5:30pm-11:30pm Sun (Brunch) 11:00am-2:00pm.
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Several months ago I raved about the Owl (that meal still ranks in my top 2 Greenville meals). But my review also contained a prompt that food lovers should eat there 'quickly', due to the fact that the Owl is light years ahead of what G'V diners may be expecting. This position is an extremely dangerous place for an establishment to try and occupy.
I am happy to report that I was so so wrong!

The Owl is not only succeeding, it is thriving. The food is still wonderfully edgy, shockingly deliciously. loaded with suprises, and still light years ahead of the market place. The best news is, the market place is 'getting' it!! I continue to suggest you go there quickly, but now, only because you are missing one of Greenville's, no....South Carolina's, no....one of the East Coast's best new restaurants!!

Upon arriving last Friday I was greeted with what I thought was an odd question, 'do you have a reservation? It was then I noticed EVERY table had been reserved!! Thankfully I had arrived early enough to slip into the chair of a delayed reservation and went on to experience my #1 best Upstate meal.

The Owl is AMAZINGLY good!! But as stated in my last review, it's location and building will NEVER let you believe this is possible. Be brave! Step inside.

The menu too may confuse the first time diner, but again, be brave. It's short list is made up of 'small plates', the description of which may leave you scratching your head as you try and imagine what you'll be tasting. But trust me when I tell you to, TRUST THE CHEFS! They are alchemists! As is the fastastically visionary bar tender.

Do yourself a huge favor; make a reservation!! Rush to the Owl! And be prepared to enjoy what will certainly be of your best meals ever.
It is truly a swoon-worthy experience.

1  Thank portofcaller

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Just finished our meal at The Owl - what a treat! This weekend is their 6 month anniversary, so we had their 22 oz t-bone special. I was a little disappointed at first not to be trying their regular menu, but that feeling was soon gone because the steak and all the sides were AMAZING. We can't wait to go back!

Reviewed August 18, 2012

My wife and I live in Asheville nc, about an hour drive from greenville. With so many great resturants in our own town, it seemed odd to drive an hour for dinner, but we have heard so may great things about the owl, that we decided to make the drive this afternoon. Absolutely fantastic, unique, creative and delicious food. Some of the combinations on the plate will make you wonder, but one taste is all it takes to be blown away. Highly, highly recommend. Nice job chef!

2  Thank Kevin C
Reviewed August 10, 2012

This restaurant has quickly become my favorite in Greenville. I've never had anything here that I didn't like. Even things I'm not particularly fond of, somehow are amazing here. The chefs know what they are doing, and you can tell they really have a love for cooking that goes beyond doing it as a job. The cocktails are just as good, with just as much attention to detail as the food. Great atmosphere for a couple's night out, or to get together with a bunch of friends.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

The best food and drink in Greenville won't break your bank. Beats anything else in town with bold takes on flavors and a real commitment to creativity and consistency. Don't expect an boring meal or anything less than a stellar drink. Do expect to find wonderful new delicious things prepared in ways [most of us] can't explain unless the people who created them come talk about it - and they usually love to if they have time. If, however, you want to go somewhere to overpay for ill-prepared cocktails and trendy uninspired kitchen work, then by all means go somewhere else. This place rules.

1  Thank jackhalfaprayer