“Great experience”

Dining options: Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

First of all, loved our server Stephanie! She was pleasant, attentive and suggested we try the passion fruit mousse which was AMAZING. Although we had to wait for our table even though we had a reservation, the staff made up for it and apologized profusely. We tried about 9 of the meats- our favorites being the Parmesan pork and sirloin. Some tips: pace yourself and don't fill up on the sides- although they were also yummy. I personally liked the potato salad, cheese bread and black beans and rice. The pineapple is a must, especially since it's juicy and coated in brown sugar. I was miserable on the way out only because I ate so much. I would definitely go back but plan on bringing an extra stomach so that I can eat more :-).

Visited November 2013

Williamston, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

Great service and food. The pace helps you slow down and enjoy your meal. Bring a bottle of wine and enjoy!

• Visited August 2013
Asheville, North Carolina
“Fantastic Brazilian food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

Amazing food, it is a a little pricey, but great! Salad bar was great, if you want more meat just let them know...

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank squeege777
Greenville, South Carolina
“Good food, good service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

An old classmate and I went and thought it was a good meal.

Atmosphere: The restaurant is smaller than I thought it would be. This spot looks like it used to be occupied by a greasy spoon lunch counter. There are some oddities about the decor that contribute to that feeling: the shape of the room, the old terra-cotta red tile on the floor, (which strangely has a large patch of black tile where someone pried out what looks like a counter), the low ceilings with fluorescent lighting. Juxtaposed on that are walls with nice treatments, a mural photo of Rio de Janiero, and Brazilian paintings.

2.5 of 5 stars. (since fractions on not offered on TripAdvisor, this will reflect as a 3 star on their listings.) Sufficient but not grand. Fix the floor and the ceiling/lighting, and I'd consider bumpting up the mark. I think the space/layout might be a permanent limitation from 5 star, but don't stay away because of these marks.

Food: Lots of veggies, all served buffet style. I understand there's a less expensive salad buffet-only option for those who prefer a vegetable diet. There's a wing for cold veggies, and one for hot. I favored the hot black beans. But you go to a Brazilian steakhouse for the meat. (If you are not familiar with the concept, spits of many kinds of roasted meat, not just steak, are brought to your table every few minutes. The waiter offers to carve a piece for you, which you remove with tongs. This continues until you tell him to stop). All the meats were great, except one chicken dish that my pal set aside. It was okay, not bad, just ok. The other chicken, wrapped in bacon, was very good. I particularly liked the Tri-tip steak, while my friend spoke well of the roasted sausages. Dessert is a separate price, and was ice cream in a waffle bowl with strawberry topping.

Side note: I'm puzzled at some other comments that speak of not receiving enough meat. During the main meal (about 1.5 hours), the waiter brought meat to our table over a dozen times. I lost count as to the precise number, but he visited about ever 6 to 7 minutes. He still paused at our table when we were considering the dessert.

I'm unclear if alcohol is served or not. My friend and I do not drink alcoholic beverages, and the website stated they are not served there, but we noted one party that had a bottle. Perhaps they brought it. They apparently do have some unusual beverages, such as a Brazilian "Guaraná" soda.

4 of 5 stars. Having a large selection of complex veggie dishes, rather than mostly simple steamed or raw veggies, might bump that up. Fixing that one chicken recipe would, too. Overall, a very positive experience, though.

Service: excellent, and with a smile.

5 of 5 stars.

Overall: 3.5 stars. I'd bump it higher if they improved the atmosphere, which was the noteable drawback.

Other notes:

The pace of the meal, governed by the speed at which food is brought out, encourages conversation. With dessert we were there for over 2 hours.

Parking: you may hunt around a bit for this. I found a spot on the street itself a block away. My friend found a small parking lot in the back. It is in a building with several tenants. At least at the time of our visit, the location was marked by a Brazilian flag out front.

As of this writing (Dec. 2012) the night meal is $26, not counting beverage, tax and tip. Lunch is less expensive, but requires reservations for a minimum of 6 people. No walk-ins at lunch.

Reservations are highly recommended, and they've stated that there is no guarantee of seating without them. Be aware that if you call during meal time, you may get an answering machine.

I'd recommend a business casual attire, though I saw more casual attire than that. The place was full with a small wait by the time we left around 7:40pm. We started at 5:30pm with it half full.

I recommend it, with the understanding of the drawbacks I've named.

Details:

Rodizios is located at 128 E. Broad St., Greenville, SC 29601. Since it is in a larger building, there is a Brazilian flag hung over the sidewalk to help you find it (at least it was so when I visited).

Their telephone is 864-444-0392. Remember, they run an answering machine during business hours. I'd recommend at least a 24-hour reservation notice.

Hours: Currently, they are closed on Sundays and Mondays. For the rest of the week:
Tuesday-Friday 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Saturday 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
They do open for lunch on Tuesday through Saturday, but only by reservation and only for parties of 6 or more.

I don't have pictures to show, but try rodiziosbraziliansteakhouse.com.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank redroban
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

Dont waste your time nor your money. The service is incredibly slow. In two hours we got 5 pieces of meat, mostly chicken. It took 45 minutes to get a drink refill. So, considering $30 per person, each tiny piece of chicken cost me $6. It is possible the most expensive chicken of all my life. Again, save yourself an awful experience, go somewhere else.

• Visited December 2012