“A gem in Greenville”

29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“A gem in Greenville”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

A 30 something mile trail that stretches through Greenville county for the walker, runner, or cyclist. Part of the trail goes through the middle of town and extends to fairly desolate areas like Conestee park. What a great way to exercise and avoid the crowds in a gym or the traffic in urban areas!

Visited July 2013

• Czech first
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Beautiful”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I could not get enough of this trail. You walk into a group of restaurants and a beautiful waterfall. Then you will enjoy a beautiful trail perfect for running (which I did) or biking (which is popular)

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Lagilbert1
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love it!”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I waited for years for a path like this to exist in Greenville. I did my half marathon training on this path. It is well-maintained and has beautiful scenery. I love bringing bikes out to the trail and riding with my family.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Rachael K
Greenville, South Carolina
348 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 449 helpful votes
“One of the best reasons to live in Greenville SC”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I am a displaced Yankee, having retired after many years of teaching in the excellent but for most of the year cold and snowy Ithaca New York. I retired to Greenville SC almost exactly one year ago, have lived downtown at a place I could not really afford and have recently moved to a place adjacent to Furman University. In both places I was within a mile's walk of different sections of the Swamp Rabbit Trail. It was put together, much of it along the old and defunct Swamp Rabbit Railroad, by the Greenville Hospital system, and serves the community very well indeed! Walkers (like myself), joggers, and many many cyclists use the path daily. At 66, in spite of other conditions not curable by exercise alone, I feel healthier than I have in years, primarily because of my near daily walks along the trail, averaging 4 to 5 miles, occasionally getting to a bit over six miles. After realizing that I could not afford to live downtown, my primary reason for picking my current abode is that it is near the Swamp Rabbit Trail, Downtown much of the trail follows the Reedy River and at the very center of downtown runs through the beautiful Falls Park. Along the trail are places to stop and refresh oneself, eat and drink. One of my favorites is that pictured above, Williams Hardware, a defunct hardware store now a cafe and general store. Another, closer to the center of town, is the Swamp Rabbit Cafe and Grocery, which features local produce, cheese, beer etc. A prime reason, along with a mild climate and nearby mountains, to visit or live in Greenville SC!

Visited May 2013
5 Thank DottoreGianni
Greenville, South Carolina
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Great excursion”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

It is fun being outside on the well marked trail with or without kids. Visitors and locals should take advantage of this bike ride.

Visited June 2012