“A Delighful Experience”

Greenville History Tours
Ranked #1 of 10 Food & Drink in Greenville
More attraction details
Owner description: Our selection of tours includes: $45pp At the Chef's Table culinary tour (3 hrs); walking; 5 restaurants $39pp Greenville BBQ Trail tour (2.25 hrs); driving; 3 restaurants $15pp Downtown Driving Tour (1 hr) $20pp Historic Neighborhoods & Architecture tour (1.5 hrs); driving $12 West End Walking tour (1 hr); walking $39 Greenville Breakfast tour (2 hrs); driving; 3 restaurants (coming summer 2017)
South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“A Delighful Experience”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We did the tour last evening with a group of friends. John, our guide, was personable and provided historical commentary as we visited the restaurants. It was nice to meet the restaurant managers and chefs and to sample the cuisine. I would recommend it to Greenville residents and visitors alike.

Greer, South Carolina, United States
“Great tour!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I took my 3 children on the West End history tour ranging in age from 9-12 years old. John was great at explaining everything to them in a way that they could understand and enjoy. And as an adult, it was interesting to me as well! All of us had a great time and are excited to take their dad back downtown to show him everything we learned. It was a great way to spend an hour out of your afternoon downtown. My kids are still talking about it! I'll be taking my out of town family on a tour the next time they come to Greenville and would recommend the tour to anyone living inside or outside of Greenville.

Taylors, SC
“Loved the experience!”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

This tour was a great experience! We were able to visit 5 different restaurants in downtown Greenville--All a short walk from one another. Each restaurant served you something exciting and absolutely delicious. In addition to the wonderful food we were given the history of Greenville. I've lived and Greenville for 16 years and realized how little I knew of the history. It was fascinating! John was an excellent guide and I would highly recommend this tour to visitors to Greenville and really to anyone wanting a great evening out. I hope to go again sometime!

Visited August 2012
“A look at downtown Greenville that can't be missed!”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

John's knowledge of Greenville and love for food flow throw the entire tour. Whether you're a foodie or a history buff (or both) this tour won't disappoint!

Greenville, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“West End Tour”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

My fiance and I both moved to Greenville within the past year and really love living downtown. We both have a deep love for history, me as a hobbyist and she as an adjunct history professor. We were excited to learn about Greenville History Tours when it popped up on Groupon a few months ago. We got a voucher to go on the West End Walking tour (the West End is apparently the area of downtown South and West of the Reedy River), but it would have easily been worth the full price. We met our guide, John, in front of the fountain near Falls Park and discovered that we were the only two to sign up for our time slot. I'm very impressed that tours will be held with any size group that signs up! John guided us on a walk through the park and along parts of Main St stopping regularly (always in the shade as it was a hot afternoon) pointing out relics from the past, relating wonderful anecdotal stories, and showing us pictures times gone by. He was very knowledgeable and welcomed questions and discussion throughout the tour. It was fascinating seeing how regularly and radically Greenville has re-invented itself with changing economic conditions!

I HIGHLY recommend this tour for both residents and visitors to this beautiful gem of a city!

We're looking forward to joining John on some of his other tours (especially his culinary tours)!

Visited July 2012