“"Amazing Evening!"”

Greenville History Tours
Ranked #1 of 10 Food & Drink in Greenville
More attraction details
Owner description: Our selection of tours includes: $45pp At the Chef's Table culinary tour (3 hrs); walking; 5 restaurants $39pp Greenville BBQ Trail tour (2.25 hrs); driving; 3 restaurants $15pp Downtown Driving Tour (1 hr) $20pp Historic Neighborhoods & Architecture tour (1.5 hrs); driving $12 West End Walking tour (1 hr); walking $39 Greenville Breakfast tour (2 hrs); driving; 3 restaurants (coming summer 2017)
Reviewed August 11, 2012

My husband and I took the tour last week while visiting friends in Greenville. I lived in Greenville for 5 years and never knew any of it's history prior to the tour. Each of the five restaurants exceeded our expectations! My husband's favorite dish was at the Lazy Goat. I think each of the stops were a favorite of mine. I look forward to taking the tour again when we are in the Greenville area. John was our guide and did an excellent job with all of his knowledge of Greenville's history! This tour is a must for anyone visiting the area.

GvilleHistoryTours, Owner at Greenville History Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Thanks, Melinda! I appreciate you sharing your experience. It was a pleasure to meet you and Tim and to host you on a tour of some of Greenville's great restaurants!

Reviewed August 6, 2012

My sister and I took the culinary tour a couple of weeks ago. I lived in Greenville 20 some years ago, and rarely went downtown. What a pleasant surprise!!! It has been transformed into a really neat little downtown! The restaurants we visited were all fantastic, and I loved hearing from the managers, chefs, and even one of the owners! John, our tour guide, did a wonderful job of sharing many interesting historical facts as we went from restaurant to restaurant.
Whether you are a "foodie" or not, a local or an out-of towner, a history buff or not-so-much, this is a great way to spend an evening!!!

Reviewed July 25, 2012

The tour was a little over an hour long, and it was full of good facts and figures. John brings along a notebook with pictures that really show how things have changed. He has an inviting personality and answers the crowd's questions. No doubt I will recommend this to others and go on the culinary tour myself.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

We received this tour as a gift. Wasn't sure what exactly to expect but it was so much fun. We enjoyed meeting the chefs and tasting the fab food. My husband and I have lived in Greenville our whole lives and still learned so much about our town. John, our tour guide, is very knowledgeable and did a great job. This tour is great for newcomers to the Greenville area, visitors or even if you have always lived here.

GvilleHistoryTours, Owner at Greenville History Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2012

Thanks, Jodi! It was great to have you on the tour. It's that much more gratifying when a local learns new things and also enjoys restaurants they have been to and experience them in new ways.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

My husband and I had a wonderful time on the culinary tour last evening. We went to five restaurants, sampled fabulous food, mets the chefs and had a cooking demonstration. John, our guide, told us many interesting historical facts about Greenville. We would highly recommend this excellent way to learn more about Greenville while eating the best food in town!