“Enjoyable time, great food, very interesting, incredibly satisfying!”

Greenville History Tours
Ranked #1 of 10 Food & Drink in Greenville
More attraction details
Owner description: The At the Chef’s Table Culinary Tour affords guests the opportunity to sit at the tables of some of the city’s top chefs and sample their signature dishes. Tours include special access and experiences that go far beyond the normal dining encounter. Not only do you get to meet the chefs and sample their creations, but you also get to see cooking demonstrations (usually offered on Tuesday tours), eat in elegant private dining areas, and more. Stops include visits to: Nose Dive (Gastropub) Soby's on the Side (Deli and Catering)* The Lazy Goat (Mediterranean cuisine and tapas) Soby's New South Cuisine (fine Southern cuisine) Passarelle Bistro (French inspired cuisine) Beyond the memorable culinary experiences, you will also learn fascinating insights into Greenville’s rich history, culture and architecture as well. (*If a restaurant has a schedule conflict, a stop at The Loft at Soby's or Papi's Tacos may be substituted. )
Greenville, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Enjoyable time, great food, very interesting, incredibly satisfying!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2012

This made for a great date-night for my fiance and me. We are both very happy that we went and walked away wanting to tell people about it. We visited the Table 301 restaurants and got to try a number of different foods. Along the way we got some history of Greenville (which was very interesting and John is very knowledgeable), we were able to hear a little bit about some of the "behind the scenes" activity in these restaurants from head chefs and we pretty much had a full meal topped off with dessert and some excellent beverages. The tour is a few hours long and is very satisfying. If you're interested in culinary arts, a little history and excellent food then this definitely makes for a great night out!

1 Thank kevnl06

Mauldin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome tour, yummy food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2012

A great way to sample some of the interesting restaurants downtown as well as talk to some of the chefs. Lots of history to hear as you walk with the friendly guide through the streets to each destination. This was an incredible tour, great for a date night or Valentines, anniversary gift. Unique and very fun. We will definitely be going on this tour again soon!

Visited February 2011
1 Thank Hal C
Greenville, South Carolina
“Very enjoyable!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2012

The culinary tour was great! My favorite stop was Soby's on the Side where the chef gave us a demonstration. The historical aspect was very interesting and added a great dimension to the tour. Would definitely recommend!!

Atlanta, Georgia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Wonderful tour guide!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2012

My husband and I took one of the walking tours with two of our friends. Our tour guide, John customized the tour for us, letting us begin at the Westin Poinsett and end in Falls Park. John, seemed to know everything about Greenville's history! There wasn't a question we asked that he couldn't answer, and he shared some great stories! He was so friendly and informative, and gave us a perfectly-paced 1-hour walking tour. This was the second time I've taken a tour of Greenville with John, and I can't recommend him and GHT enough!

Visited October 2011
2 Thank Anne A
Clemson, South Carolina, United States
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2012

I would recommend this tour to anyone who loves food or Greenville. It was so neat to get to visit all the different restaurants and be able to talk to the chefs. The food was wonderful and is unique for every tour. I would definitely do it again and have recommended it to all my friends and family. John did a great job and even though I have grown up in Greenville, I learned a lot of new things about the city.

Here is a blog post I wrote about the tour where you can see some photos from the tour and learn more about it: