“Great overnight stay”

Ranked #6 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Columbia, SC
“Great overnight stay”
Reviewed January 9, 2010

Four of us stayed at this hotel while attending a Chris Botti concert at the Peace Center in Greennille. In fact, we always stay here when attending events at the Peace Center. The location, atmosphere, and friendleness can't be beat. We would recommend it to anyone. One of the best.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
atlanta
Reviewed December 8, 2009

Leave time during your stay to walk around the beautiful downtown. Great shops and restaurants all within walking distance.

Be sure to try to waffles--they are fabulous.

Service was perfect. Attentive and helpful. We hated to leave.

Charlotte, NC
Reviewed December 2, 2009

Our extended family Thanksgiving get together involving 19 individuals was absolutely perfect. The Thanksgiving day meal was outstanding as were the subsequent breakfast we enjoyed during our stay. The downtown Greenville location was a pleasant surprise, in particular the restaurants, cleanliness of the streets and the proximity to the river park area. My wife and I took several walks as did the kids with their cousins and feedback from all was very positive. We highly recommend the Greenville Westin if you are planning a stay in this part of South carolina.

Nashville,TN
Reviewed December 2, 2009

The reception starts with a cheerful bellman ready to handle your baggage at the attractive off-the-street entrance and provide locations for parking and registration.

The front desk staff is alert, efficient, and prepared to welcome travelers with information about their hotel and to answer questions about local events and attractions.
The food is excellent and the service is characterized by the prompt, willing and cheerful attitude that appears to be part of the DNA of the Westin Pointcett personnel.
The Thanksgiving buffet was an example
of their ability . Litterally hundreds of diners
were seated without delay according to well organized system of reservations. The turkey,with all the trimmings and the roast beef were first class and for those with a sweet tooth there was a variety of desserts
including such old South Carolina favorites as pecan tarts and minature pastries.
The rooms are attractive, the beds are very comfortable and the view of Greenville and its mountains from the higher floors is impressive.

knoxville
Reviewed December 1, 2009

Anyone looking for a fun get away, head to Greenville, and stay at the Westin Poinsett. It's in the perfect location----a short walk to the river where you'll find a lot of fun and hip restaurants, and if you walk out the front door and turn left, there is another shopping district with more restaurants. We had several meals at the Westin Poinsett to include Thanksgiving dinner, and the food and service were excellent. I thought this historic hotel was charming and elegant. I especially loved hanging out in the cozy seating area while sipping champagne. Our room was clean and very comfortable with a separate living room and TV. The linens were every bit as luxurious as the Ritz Carlton. One morning I worked out in the fitness room---it was small, but well stocked with clean and new equipment. I can't wait to spend another weekend at this fabulous hotel.

Charleston, SC
Reviewed November 26, 2009

Check-in smooth. We looked a bit lost and they quickly offered help. Friendly staff. Renovated older hotel with comfortable rooms. No pool and advertises internet access for a fee. The free downtown wireless internet access point is located on top of the office building next door so we had an excellent wireless connection on the 9th floor. Parking garage is next to the hotel with access from the hotel lower lobby. 6.00/day (city rate) 15.00 /day valet. Valet staff quick and helpful. Ordered evening room service on 4 occasions. 15 - 20 minutes from call to the door. Hotel is reminiscent of the elegant hotels of the past and traditional but not too stuffy. Many restaurants and small shops within walking distance. Seems to be more of a business(non-family) travel type destination but during our stay (Nov. 24 - 28) it was quiet and comfortable.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Various
Reviewed November 22, 2009

Have not even left the hotel yet and had to review it for potential customers. I have stayed in some of the nicest hotels across the country and was very excited by my Westin visit with my Starwood Preferred Guest status. The first problem was encountered the first day when i was told by a staff member there was no swimming pool. I booked a room here partially because on the SPG website to advertise the hotel there was a gorgeous picture of a pool in the backyard of this Westin nestled into a forest looking environment. Not even close! Secondly the service, both concierge and room service were the pits. It was as if every one of the staff went on holiday and left two people to run the hotel!! I had to wait to get the concierge, had to ring down two or three times before someone picked up. The same with room service! No one was pickiing up the phone at 10:30 at night! It rang at least a dozen times before I got an answer. Then had the website for the internet hook up tell me that the coupon the hotel gave me had run out of established uses. So I called to the concierge who gave me the number of ATT wireless!! She actually wanted me to fix the problem on my own time!! That same night I went to order a movie and was prompted on the screen that I had to "call down to the front desk" to place the order, which I did, and then was told by the front desk, "I should wait and try to reorder the movie again in another ten minutes via the tv", which I did and then the tv had problems with the picture!! The room service took way too long and when it arrived, after I was thanked for waiting I was told that, "they like to to bunch a few orders together so they go out at the same time", as if I needed a reason why my food didn't get to me in a timely manner..Also, the window in the room is situated across from an office building, so everytime I went to use the head, I could be seen by all the office workers unless I drew the curtains in the middle of the day or tried to close the door to the bathroom with me on the the toilet, which was an impossibility given the size of the bathroom! All in all a thoroughly frustrating, unpleasant , unhospitable visit. Will not stay at another Westin Hotel again. Thanks Starwood!!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business