“Awesome stay”

The Westin Poinsett, Greenville
Ranked #6 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for an overnight because we were going to a concert at the Peace Center. We chose not to use the valet and self parked. Parking is $6.

The hotel lobby was wonderfully attended. We did not have to wait long. The cookies were a wonderful touch. We stayed in an executive suite. The only downfall was the location of the suite. It over looked the back if the hotel. I asked for another suite the overlooked the city and was told they were all booked.

The room itself was very clean. The fan inside the room was nice to keep an ambient noise at all times.
Only suggestion, have more shampoos and conditioners in the bathrooms please.

I got vouchers for the buffet and omelette breakfast. Wonderfully attended and a large selection. For $13 it was defiantly worth the cost as freshly squeezed OJ and coffee are included. Overall the best hotel I've stayed in Greeenville!!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Fabianu, General Manager at The Westin Poinsett, Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for choosing the Westin Poinsett! We love that you enjoyed our proximity to the Peace Center to enjoy a concert (and perhaps a Broadway show next time). Our staff was delighted to hear how attentive and helpful they were during your visit. The buffet served in our Spoonbread Restaurant is packed full of Superfoods, an important initiative of the Westin brand. Despite your feedback about the value of our breakfast buffet, we will not raise the price anytime soon, nor will we touch the rate for self parking. And since we don’t believe in “nickel and diming”, internet, business center usage, airport transportation, golf cart rides, infused water, and cookies upon check will all remain complimentary. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you take in a show at the Peace Center! Thank you so much again!

Reviewed April 17, 2014

The Poinsett Hotel is a 1920's historic property located on Main St. in the center of leafy, walkable Greenville. The staff kindly gave us an upgrade on our upgrade so I can't comment on the standard rooms, but I can say that you should try to get a view if you can!

Wifi is included in the room rate (how enlightened!), and parking in their garage is $6. There is a lounge, restaurant, and coffee shop. Staff were discreet and helpful. The layout of the rooms reflects the era in which the hotel was built, but the upkeep is careful and the beds are firm and comfortable.

Guests with mobility problems will need two elevators to get up from the street level (again, a product of its era). Nearby construction to the east of the hotel began very early, but time will cure that problem. Light sleepers should be aware, however.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guests,
Thank you so much for staying at the historic Westin Poinsett! The original tile floors, plaster molding, staircases, as well as our two beautiful ballrooms have been thoroughly restored and are a big part of the unique character of this landmark hotel. They are indeed a “product of the era”. We are proud members of Historic Hotels of America and have been an AAA Four Diamond hotel since our reopening in the year 2000. However, at the same time, we offer all the modern amenities travelers are expecting; from Westin’s “Heavenly Beds”, to free high speed internet and HD TV offering around 90 channels including HBO and Showtime. We cannot wait to welcome you back again the next time you visit “leafy and walkable Greenville”! Thank you.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel on my way home from visiting family. very comfortable and convenient. The staff was kind enough to give me a late check out which worked well with my flight schedule. Sam, the bartender was excellent. A lovely hotel with good staff, I will come back again

Room Tip: ask for a high floor and not near the elevator
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Lisa,
Thank you so much for choosing to stay at the Westin Poinsett during your travels! Our staff works hard to accommodate your requests and, especially Sam, was thrilled to hear how highly you thought of his service. We hope to host you longer the next time you pass through our esteemed city! Thank you again!

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Great hotel with exceptional location. I am a Hyatt and Marriott rewards card holder but I can never get a room in Greenville. So, it just so happened that Westin had availability (priceline) so I locked and loaded my room - keep in mind nothing is cheap anymore in Greenville - it's been discovered. I very much enjoyed the ease of walking to the parks and downtown, plus the staff are extremely friendly, and you'll never be without fresh air -- the windows open !!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for electing to stay at the Westin Poinsett! We are overjoyed that you took pleasure in our “exceptional location”. Our Four Diamond, historic hotel is in the middle of an award winning Main Street and downtown, and yes, it has been discovered (rightfully). However, some things are still very affordable, such as our complimentary high speed internet, free business center, golf cart rides at no cost to all attractions within a mile radius, complimentary airport shuttle, home-made cookies upon check in and only $6 overnight self parking in a covered garage. We hope the next time you are in town you will choose the Westin brand again. We look forward to having you back. Thank you again!

Reviewed April 9, 2014

We needed to book a meeting room on short notice. The staff there was fantastic, from setup to execution. I found out later that our company has an agreement with another hotel for meeting rooms, but I think I'll have my future meetings at the Westin anyway, they were that good.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for selecting the Westin Poinsett to host your meeting! We are pleased to hear that our sales team was able to exceed your expectations and alleviate your stress with our “Work Well” streamlined meeting rooms. They are delighted to hear that you will be using our meeting space again. Thank you and we look forward to working with you again soon!

Reviewed April 6, 2014

I stayed here over the weekend. The service is very nice consistently throughout the hotel. The only room for improvement I could see was in housekeeping. Little things that could have made it a bit better but they did their job. I had room service for lunch. The Ruben sandwich was delicious and well priced. My meal came within 20 minutes.

The room was fine. The bed was too hard for me but it didn't keep me from sleeping. The bathroom was small. The room size was a bit small as well. I also had a TV menu that was not up-to-date. I mentioned it to the front desk and asked for a new one and that one was wrong as well. Not a big deal but one of many things that keeps it from five stars.

Overall this is really a 3 to 4 star hotel - I pushed it to a 4 because the service was very good. It is a quaint hotel. You get the charm but also the drawback of having to always use two elevators every time you want to go street level.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again though if I was in town. It was located right on main street towards the end. Perfect location. Overall it was a nice experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Fabianu, General Manager at The Westin Poinsett, Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind review of our historic hotel. Our chef was pleased to hear that your food was brought up promptly and that you enjoyed every bite. We have several different room types and sizes and our staff will gladly assist you in choosing the one that fits your needs best during your next stay with us. Your comments have been shared with the appropriate Department Heads. We look forward to hosting you for your next trip to Greenville! Thank you again!

Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

We adore this hotel. Just the right balance of comfort and charm. The atmosphere is beautiful and the beds are SO comfortable. But it is the staff that make it truly special. The concierge, Janice Smith, is a gem. She is the heart of the hotel and the most welcoming and delightful part of our trip every time. Such a wonderful stay. Can't wait to be back.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guests,
Thank you so much for your glowing review of the Westin Poinsett! We are delighted you enjoyed the historic charm of our hotel as well as the Heavenly Beds which the Westin is so well known for. Janice was thrilled to learn how helpful she was during your stay. Our staff strives to make sure every visit is special, and we cannot wait to welcome you back again!