“Excellent Stay”

The Westin Poinsett, Greenville
Ranked #6 of 63 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Spacious comfortable room nicely furnished. We had a corner room that was exceptionally bright with a view of the Smoky Mountains. Staff was excellent. Striking lobby was beautifully restored. Nice bar. Terrific breakfast. There is a good restaurant in the hotel.

Room Tip: Mountain View
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Fabianu, General Manager at The Westin Poinsett, Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for choosing the Westin Poinsett! We also believe in starting the day with a terrific breakfast, that’s why we have our Eat Well: Superfoods program, an important Westin initiative. We hope it gave you the boost you needed to explore our four diamond hotel and the beautiful city of Greenville with its award winning downtown. Thank you again!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,398)

Reviewed March 29, 2014

My husband and I were in town for weekend activities at Furman, and once again stayed at the Poinsett in the heart of downtown Greenville. As a participant in the Historic Hotels of America program with the National Trust for Historic Preservation, the Poinsett has all the features of a well-appointed, classic hotel with the comfortable amenities and helpful staff anticipated with the designation. Best of all, one can just walk out the hotel entrance and walk the streets and pathways of Greenville's fantastic reimagined downtown.

Room Tip: Room 409 is a suite with a comfortable sitting room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Fabianu, General Manager at The Westin Poinsett, Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your flattering review of our historic, four-diamond hotel…the only one in the Upstate! It is wonderful to hear that our classic southern charm coupled with our modern, comfortable amenities is the perfect combination. I am glad you were able to experience the joy of downtown Greenville while visiting Furman University. We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you many more years at the Westin Poinsett!

Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Westin for a relaxing birthday weekend. The staff were extremely welcoming and professional, the room was impeccable, and the service was excellent. When visiting Greenville, I wouldn't stay anywhere else. I was very impressed.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Lauren,

Thank you for choosing the Westin Poinsett to celebrate your birthday weekend! We definitely enjoy celebrating special occasions, be it birthdays, anniversaries or wedding receptions in one of our two grand ballrooms. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed the “impeccable” room and that you found the service to be excellent. We look forward to hosting you again during your next stay in Greenville! Thank you for your kind words!

Reviewed March 28, 2014

This is my third stay at the Westin Poinsett and certainly not my last. Having stayed in many of the hotels in Greenville, I have found this to be my favorite. My daughter is a first year student at Furman University and I travel on a regular basis to see her (sometimes without my husband). When by myself, I still feel safe staying at the Poinsett as the front staff (Jason in particular) always remembers me by name. The in room dining staff (Megan) even remembers some of my special requests at breakfast and brings them when I forgot to ask! That not only makes me feel special but also makes me feel that I am an "authentic guest". Dru saw to all my reservation needs and made sure my room was quiet, snug and cozy since I have "mommy ears" and can hear everyone walking up and down the halls. I always slept quietly and don't hear a thing! I couldn't ask for more and will be back in the next few weeks.
Thank you Westin Poinsett.

Room Tip: Suites have a door between you and the hall if you want extra quiet
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank kimmiecolumbiasc

Dear Guest,

I am so glad to hear you thoroughly enjoy each stay with us at the Westin Poinsett and that our staff takes such special care of you! It pleases me to hear you feel safe, comfortable and cozy when staying with us and that you are able to rest easy in our “Westin Heavenly Beds”! Additionally, Jason, Megan and Dru were thrilled to hear about your compliments. Thank you for making us your favorite hotel in town. Congratulations on your daughter’s University choice; we sincerely hope to see you many more times over the next three years.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

We held a departmental off-site for three days at the Westin. From the moment we pulled up, the service was just incredible. The lobby is one of the old fashioned ones with chair groupings, and we all used that as a rendezvous spot before and after dinners in the really fetching downtown Greenville. During our work sessions, we enjoyed the best in food—catered by the hotel. Fresh, light food, really flavorful, and the banquet captain, Yveline, and her staff were just wonderful. The rooms are beautifully appointed and clean, and the fitness "room" is more like a small gym, featuring lots of space, a variety of equipment choices, daily newspapers, and obvious care in keeping it clean. The 1920s decor is beautifully restored with marble and tile, great staircases. I would recommend this for meetings, business travel, or vacation/pleasure. A truly great hotel with professional and courteous staff.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your strong recommendation of our historic, four-diamond hotel, food and staff! I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Westin Poinsett during your departmental off-site. Thank you for complimenting our banquet captain, Yveline, and her team, I will be sure to provide your feedback to them. We are grateful for your recommendation and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Went here for work related convention and everything was first class from guest rooms to the meeting rooms. All staff were very friendly and helpful and food was great. Building is very historic and is in the middle of down town and within walking distance to anything if you find a need to leave. Will stay here again for sure

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed the convention hosted here at the Westin Poinsett Hotel and we greatly appreciate your kind review! I will be sure to let Chef Curtis know how much you enjoyed each meal! Our location in the heart of downtown is hard to beat and we are delighted to hear you were taking full advantage of it. Thank you again for your nice comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed March 17, 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at the Westin Poinsett for a Trek Travel ride camp in Greenville, SC, and I was blown away by the fantastic service. Great front desk, amazing restaurant service, food and staff, and all around a great stay. Every morning we would start with their awesome breakfast buffet (shout out to their omelet cooks) which had a wonderful selection with many excellent choices. The servers were wonderful...very warm and personable. They even remembered us from our last stay in October 2013.
The front desk staff were very friendly and engaging, not to mention, efficient. We arrived right after a large bus of tourists arrived and there may have been 8-10 people in line. I probably waited only 10 minutes to get helped. OUTSTANDING!
Its a perfect location, in the heart of downtown Greenville.
Thank you for the great experience!

1  Thank Hal S

Dear Hal,

Thank you for your kind review! It is wonderful to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your stay in Greenville at the Westin Poinsett! Our team delights in making each guest feel at home and we strive to provide the best service from check-in to check-out. Also, thank you for complimenting the quality of our food. We are glad you especially enjoyed our one of a kind breakfast buffet at the Spoonbread restaurant. Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We look forward to hosting you again soon!