“great location”

The Westin Poinsett, Greenville
Ranked #5 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Stayed here recently for an evening. A nice old hotel that has been remodeled yet (downstairs) keeps alot of the old character. Small bar, good but expensive breakfast. rooms where typical Westin rooms which was a small let down as I had hoped the old hotel character would have been saved. People were great.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Fabianu, General Manager at The Westin Poinsett, Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Dear Guest,
We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Westin Poinsett in the heart of downtown Greenville. As Greenville’s only historic four diamond hotel, we strive to keep up with modern conveniences Westin guests are accustomed to while maintaining our historic charm in the public space. Our comfortable piano bar offers live music 5 nights a week and is a popular gathering place for guests and locals alike. Thank you for complimenting our associates. That means a lot to us. We look forward to hosting you again on a future visit!

There are newer reviews for The Westin Poinsett, Greenville

Reviewed January 31, 2014

We held our annual sales and marketing meeting at the Westin Poinsett in January, 2014. The attention to detail was flawless. Meals were served on time, within budget, and with high levels of attention from the service staff. Meeting rooms are generous in size and provide a great deal of flexibility for a variety of functions. The location simply can't be beat, with complimentary airport shuttle service and ease of walking to area restaurants and points of interest. The Westin Poinsett is definitely on our short list of places to return.

Room Tip: Budget time for trips on the elevators, as they are smaller and perhaps a little slower than those i...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your flattering review! It is our sincere pleasure to exceed our guests’ expectations and provide a budget friendly and relaxing environment in the heart of downtown Greenville. Thank you for choosing the Westin Poinsett for your annual sales and marketing meeting and we look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed January 24, 2014

I've been a guest at this hotel for 2 weeks now and I must say, the experience has been wonderful. Being vegan, traveling is very difficult, especially for such a long time period and being so far from home. Once Chef Scott found out I was vegan, he took the liberty to create the most amazing meals for me, off the menu, of course. Every night he made something different and it was always so beautifully presented and quite like nothing I've had before. I just finished a very intense work training program and it was the highlight of my day to go down to the lounge to see what I would be having for dinner. Not only is Chef Scott awesome, other staff members were accommodating as well. Lucy and Dorothy, the lounge waitresses, were always friendly and welcoming. Andre, one of the shuttle drivers, was very attentive and Eric the piano player always made his rounds with the guests to take requests.....he even managed to work in my request for a MeatLoaf song and performed it quite well. I'll be back to Greenville for more training down the road and I hope these fine employees are still here to take care of everything. I'm so grateful that these fine folks made me feel at home!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Susan S

Dear Susan,
I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your extended stay with us at the Westin Poinsett and that our staff took such special care of you! I will be sure to let Chef Scott know how much you appreciate him catering to your dietary needs and making you feel at home. Additionally, Lucy, Dorothy, Andre and Eric were very pleased to hear about your compliments and are looking forward to seeing you soon again. Thank you for your kind words and All the best to you!

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Was in Greenville visiting friends. This hotel was recommended for it's location, cleanliness and excellent customer service. The beds were comfortable and the food was excellent. The staff was polite, knowledgeable and welcoming. I did not want to leave. Enjoyed staying at a centrally located hotel with historic views (waterfalls) within walking distance from the hotel. Could walk to shops and fantastic eateries. Would like to thank the Concierge Ms. Smith, who had a pleasant attitude, for placing us in rooms with excellent views and for providing infnormation for great choices in food and other activites. Hope to come back!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Westin Poinsett and received excellent service from our dedicated staff while you were here. Westin’s “Heavenly Beds” are very popular and I am so glad Janice took great care of you. Our location is indeed a great asset as we are just steps away from dozens of wonderful restaurants and shops! Thank you for your kind review and we look forward to hosting you again soon!

Reviewed January 21, 2014

We chose to stay at Westin Poinsett, a pretty historic hotel located right in the middle of downtown Greenville to celebrate a very special occasion.

The room was very spacious and comfortable, the "Heavenly Beds" heavenly, and the bathroom a delight to use. I was a little disappointed though, that although the hotel knew we were there for a very special occasion, it did not do anything to make us feel special. I had stayed at other hotels of similar standing (including one under the Starwood group) on less special occasions, and had been touched either by flowers, or even a personal note. It is that kind of special gestures that make a hotel stand out.

We were also a little startled by a small incident just before we checked in. When we were inside an elevator to get to the lobby, a porter intercepted the elevator door and came in with another hotel guest when the door was already more than half closed, without offering any greeting/apology. In fact, he did not even look at us. When the door opened, he exited the elevator without even holding the door for us. I did not think that was an acceptable attitude, at least not something a guest would expect to experience at an up-scale hotel. But the front desk staff were courteous, and the check in/out was a breeze.

Overall I still regard Westin Poinsett as a preferred hotel for its convenient location, historic heritage, luxurious rooms and reasonable room tariffs.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank AgentPing
Fabianu, General Manager at The Westin Poinsett, Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Dear Guest,
I am very sorry to hear about the interaction with one of our staff members as we are known for providing warm and welcoming service. As well, we are generally very good at paying attention to special occasions (when known). Feel free to contact me personally if you would like to discuss in more detail.
Thank you for the generous description of the hotel, the nice comments about our Front Desk team and your loyalty towards the Westin Poinsett in general. We are grateful for your recommendation and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

My wife and I just returned from a long weekend in Greenville, SC. It was our first time there. We stayed at the Westin Poinsett, Greenville. It is centrally located and there are plenty of things to do and eat within easy walking distance. The hotel shuttle will pick you up at the airport gratis.

We rarely eat meals at the hotel well circumstances lead us to have breakfast there then lunch. The food was amazing. The Concierge Ms. Smith is knowledgeable, welcoming and displays the hospitality the South is known for and we will be back.

So, consider staying here and jump on side trips to Atlanta, Charlotte and the quaint town of Tryon, NC.

Room Tip: get a corner room they are slightly larger
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the long weekend in Greenville and we greatly appreciate your kind review of our hotel. I will be sure to let Chef Curtis know how much you enjoyed each meal at Spoonbread. Additionally, our Concierge, Janice Smith was very pleased to hear about your compliments. We agree the Westin Poinsett is in a perfect location in the heart of downtown and are happy to hear you were charmed by our southern ways. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed January 21, 2014

I spent two nights at the Wesin Poinsett in mid-December, and must say, the hotel truly does not disappoint. I've stayed many times before, but the customer service seems to continually exceed my expectations, and somehow, become better with time. I was frantic all weekend, as I was planning a surprise party for a close friend, so was trying to manage event details, out-of-state family/friends, in addition to taking care of myself. As luck would have it, I shattered my iPhone the evening before my trip. I was panicked, but Verizon was willing to overnight my phone to the hotel. I feared the package may get lost in the shuffle, but the hotel staff kept their eyes open and hand delivered my phone to me the second it arrived. Their hospitality as a whole is on that cannot be matched. The venue is beautiful and the location is the best in Greenville. There is no other place I would stay. The Westin Poinsett has a customer for life!

Room Tip: Corner rooms have the absolute best view! But you really can't go wrong no matter where your roo...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Nancy,
Thank you for your flattering review, it is our pleasure to exceed our guests’ expectations and provide a relaxing and professional environment. It is good to hear that our team provided the service that you would expect from a four-diamond hotel. Thank you for choosing the Westin Poinsett for your ‘home away from home’ and we look forward to serving you again soon!