“Made the stay extra special”

The Westin Poinsett, Greenville
Ranked #5 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We had a great weekend at the hotel and many thanks for all the extra touches to make our stay memorable. The staff was outstanding and made the whole family feel special. From the time we pulled up to the front door until we left, the staff was always willing to help and provide local recommendations for activities and dining. Staff even went the extra mile on Saturday and Sunday morning to open the breakfast buffet early so my son could eat before his swim meet! Thanks and we will stay there next time we are in town.

2  Thank Joe G
Fabianu, General Manager at The Westin Poinsett, Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Dear Joe, it is great to hear that our team took such great care of you and your family. Having a good breakfast before a swim meet is a must; and I am glad we were able to accommodate you. We look forward to having you back either for another meet or just a casual family get away. Best regards.

There are newer reviews for The Westin Poinsett, Greenville

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I recently attended a conference at this hotel, and I was very impressed with the level of service. The staff were always visible and proactive in making sure everyone had what they needed and/or knew where they were going. The food was excellent - way above my expectations, and my expectations were high. The meeting rooms were just the right size for the size of the audience, and all of the technology worked without a hitch. The hotel is really beautiful and the decor in general is really well-done.

2  Thank Jannilu

Dear guest:
Thank you for your feedback regarding our level of service, the food and the overall hotel décor. Our two ballrooms and several break out rooms provide the perfect space for many size conferences. I am very pleased to hear that it fit your needs so well. Thank you again for your nice review.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for two nights while on a business trip. When I first checked in, both Daniel and Alison at the front desk were extremely helpful matching my room preferences and informing me of the local places to eat and drink during my stay. Later that night they helped plan my transportation for the next morning and even lent me an umbrella to take with me on my walk around town while it was raining. I usually dread dealing with hotel staff, but I could not have been happier with my treatment at this hotel. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are clean. I will be sure to stay here in all of my future visits to Greenville.

Room Tip: Corner rooms on the top floors are more quiet, try to get a hotel overlooking the downtown strip
1  Thank Wfbaker
Fabianu, General Manager at The Westin Poinsett, Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Dear guest,
We sincerely appreciate your terrific review of the hotel and your compliments about the two members of our Front Office Team, Daniel and Allison. Service is very important to us and I am very pleased to hear that we fulfilled your expectations. Comfortable beds and clean rooms are crucial to a hotel’s success, so we will make sure to keep it this way for your next visit, which will hopefully be soon

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Enjoyed staying here while in town for kids swim meet. Ate at in house restaurant...Stephen & Lucy were amazing at keeping a large group satisfied, well fed and "hydrated"...even kept the restaurant open for us. Great spot in middle of downtown

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Brad S

Dear Brad,
Swim meets are exciting events and feeding these young athletes correctly is crucially important. I am glad to hear that our team looked after you and helped prepare for their best performance. We look forward to your next visit. Thank you so much!

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Our family lives in Greenville and loves to dine at the restaurant inside the hotel. Our favorite meal there is the breakfast buffet on Saturday or Sunday morning. Our waiter...Jose Castano-is AMAZING. We are so lucky to have him each time and he attends to our every need. We took a friend there for her birthday brunch and he brought out chocolate covered strawberries for her! The atmosphere is quiet and upscale, but you can wear comfy jeans and take your kids. The food is delicious as well. Very reasonably priced. It's a must eat place in downtown!!

Dear Stephanie,
Thank you for this very generous review of our hotel and especially our food and beverage operation. Jose is a wonderful member of our team and he was thrilled to hear your compliments. As you reside in Greenville, we sincerely hope to welcome you back many more times. Thank you for your loyalty.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Had the opportunity to stay here while on business. After staying I wish my trip had required more than 1 night! There wasn't anything that wasn't to my liking. Hotel was charming, the staff was friendly, courteous and helpful. Location was perfect for walking to restaurants, eateries and water. I agree with other reviews - the beds were AMAZING. I never sleep well when traveling but did so on this trip because these beds were so comfortable. The breakfast buffet was superb - offered a variety of items, including an omlette station and waffle station.

Oh, to top it off, the price was less than other hotel chains in the area that don't offer near as much.

Dear Elisa,
We also wish you were able to spend more than one night with us; but we count on you visiting again. Our Heavenly beds are the most important signature item of many Westin Heavenly products. We are so glad you had a perfect night’s sleep; which is, after all, what you expect from a 4 diamond hotel. I will share your nice comments about the food with our Executive Chef, who will be delighted to hear your feedback. Our best wishes to you.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

My husband and I currently live in France but make our annual (or sometimes bi-annual) trip back to the United States and in particular to Greenville, South Carolina. The Westin Poinsett has, for the past three years, been our "home away from home". We have never been disappointed with the value, service, quality of the rooms/beds, and cleanliness. Above all, the location is perfect for us as we enjoy being on Main Street and sharing in all the new and old delights of the city. Greenville has much to offer and being in a central location is important to us.

If you can request a room, I would suggest Room 706 or any of the corner rooms which over look the hotel's fountain, Main Street, and the old Liberty Building. It's also great fun to watch the folks walk/jog up Main Street at various hours of the day. This hotel is a must if/when you travel to Greenville, South Carolina.

Room Tip: Any corner room which over looks Main Streeet.

Dear Sydney,
Being the “home away from home” is a terrific compliment and we will continue to work hard to make you feel this way. You and your husband are some of our most loyal and satisfied guests and we are very grateful for that. A l’annee prochaine. Merci beaucoup.