In helping with plans for our visit there, a friend in Greenville had sent me an "American Spectator" article by Ben Stein, extolling the charms of Greenville and of the Westin Poinsett where he stays when in town. I figured if Ben Stein liked it, we would too.
Upon arriving about 10:00 p.m., we pulled into the motor court and were promptly greeted by Ben Stein himself, who explained the valets were momentarily away. He actually helped with our bags and accompanied us in the elevator to the lobby on the second floor. Enroute we discovered we have mutual friends in Los Angeles.
The front desk staff were very welcoming and helpful. Our room, a traditional king, was spacious, comfortable , clean, and nicely furnished. As noted by others, the location is excellent, especially for tourists . We spent two nights there, enjoyed breakfast in the hotel dining room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only 4-diamond hotel in Greenville, our downtown location puts you in a great spot for exploring the city. Onsite, we have over 10,000 sq ft of event space, perfect for all types of occasions ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your The Westin Poinsett, Greenville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Poinsett, Greenville Hotel Greenville
- Westin Poinsett Greenville
- Poinsett Hotel Greenville Sc
- Westin Greenville
- Greenville Westin