“Westin at its best!”

Ranked #6 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Boston, Massachusetts
“Westin at its best!”
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Great old restored hotel in full Westin standards.their location is right where you want to be. And there is a spa next door :-) that you also have to try. We had a great stay and will come back again!

• Stayed March 2013
Fabianu, General Manager at The Westin Poinsett, Greenville, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Guest,
We are thrilled that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us. The spa next door is convenient for our guests along with all the other attractions that surround our hotel. We look forward to you returning to us soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We came to Spoonbread Restaurant for brunch on Sunday, our server was Shannon, she was very attentive and after she found out it was our anniversary she brought us sparkling juice ( in champagne glasses ) and chocolate covered strawberries, it was a really nice surprise.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our Sunday brunch. Special congratulations on your anniversary and thank you for celebrating the occasion with us. Shannon is indeed a valued member of our team and I’ll be sure to pass along your praises to her. We sincerely look forward to seeing you again!
Houston
Reviewed March 26, 2013

From the moment we were picked up at the airport on Friday until the moment we were dropped back off on Sunday, our every request was met with true Southern warmth and charm! My teenage daughter and I were in town to attend a concert. The hotel was central to everything and very convenient. The room was spacious and relaxing. The staff and subsequent service were outstanding!

Room Tip: Top floor, room 1110 was a beautiful, large corner room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Fabianu, General Manager at The Westin Poinsett, Greenville, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear guest,
We are very pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay at the Westin.
Since you mentioned our complimentary airport shuttle, I want to inform you that we now have a six seater golf cart to drive guest to and from the hotel to various venues, as well. So, the next time, you and your daughter are in town for a concert, it will be our sincere pleasure providing a ride to and from the Peace Center. We look forward to doing that soon! Best regards
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed March 26, 2013

First of all, let me get it on the record that my wife and I love downtown Greenville. Great shopping, parks, restaurants and the perfect small city to get out and walk Main Street. Lots of fun things to do for young and old.

Put simply, the Westin Poinsett is in a perfect location to enjoy all that downtown Greenville has to offer. Minutes to Reedy River park, right in the thick of great shopping and eateries on main street and a short stroll to the historic West End.

The hotel itself is over 100 years old and has a vintage feel, while at the same time providing modern upgrades in the rooms and common areas. Rooms are spacious and romantic, and we've always found them to be clean. There are also larger rooms (suite) with a nice seating area and large flat screen televisions. Beds are very comfortable and the hotel is typically very quiet. Service is consistently very good.

We also really enjoy the breakfasts in the hotel. Very nice buffet (omelets made to order, etc.) in a wonderful dining room with high ceilings.

My only minor complaint about the hotel is layout. Up the stairs, around the corner, down the elevator to the parking deck, etc. It just goes with the age of the property, but more than once I've got turned around trying to get somewhere on the property. No big deal.

Overall, a lovely hotel. Will always be our first choice for lodging when visiting Greenville.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,
Thank you so much for your very nice and detailed description of our hotel and the city of Greenville. When regular guests, such as yourself, talk about the “very comfortable beds”, how “always clean rooms” are, a “very nice buffet”, how the service is “consistently very good” and the overall look of the hotel, we are especially pleased, as consistency is very important to us.
In regard to the access from the parking garage, we will not be able to do much about our historic structure connecting directly to the parking garage, but I will be working with the City on improving signage. Thank you again for always making us your first choice.
Seattle
Reviewed March 26, 2013

While I wasn't expecting the Westin Maui I did think the hotel was a bit on the tired side. It is a historic older bldg and of course, when it is cold the rooms are cold as the windows are not very tight. Of course, along with an older bldg is small elevators etc....... But what I think was NOT excusable was the condition of the rooms. The makeup mirror hanging off the bathroom wall, the small little vanity in the bathroom, the little tv's, Other than that the service was great and the hotel is in a great location in a cute town. Westin just needs to dig in to their pockets (Iike they should in Houston at the Galleria too) and spend some money so their brand is a "no brainer" like it used to be.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
We thank you for your feedback regarding our hotel. You will be pleased to know that we are continuously upgrading our hotel. For example, we have just replaced over 200 guest room windows with modern double pane windows, installed fiber optic high speed internet in all guest rooms (provided complimentary) and offer 90 TV channels, half of which are in HD. Thank you so much for your compliments about our service and the Westin’s great location. We look forward to seeing you soon, again.
Rancho Palos Verdes, California
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My wife and I are fans of Starwood properties in general, and Westin hotels in particular. This was my second business stay at the beautiful 1906-vintage Westin Poinsett. The overall quality and value of the hotel, rooms, food, service and beautiful location are all excellent, but the staff members are the best part of all. They picked me up at the airport in a BMW SUV at no charge, and later dropped me off at my meeting in town. No matter how much pressure I was under, or how much help I requested, they cheerfully supported my stay in every way they could. Altogether, we have stayed at about 25 Starwood locations in the US, but the Westin Poinsett is one of the most charming of all. The next time I am in Greenville, I will return to this hotel without hesitation.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,
You definitely wrote a wonderful review about the Westin Poinsett and, in the name of all of us, allow me to sincerely thank you for doing so. You mentioned that “the staff members are the best part of all” which makes us proud and motivates us to further exceed your expectations. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you and your wife back soon. Best regard!
New Brunswick
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I stayed in this hotel because of a business meeting. I had sent some meeting materials ahead of time, and was stranded with extra stuff that needed to be sent back upon my departure. The staff was very helpful, and very friendly. They accommodated all of my requests. In addition, as others have pointed out, the hotel is very centrally located, and really pretty. The rooms are still reasonably fresh and new and very nicely arranged. In short, I liked my stay in the hotel and would recommend it.
There is, however, one issue: The doors are really poor quality and some seem to have a 1/2 inch open space between the door and the floor threshold. This results in virtually NO SOUND ISOLATION. It is easy to hear the conversations of guests in their rooms by passing through the hallway, and likewise, when I was in my room, I was keenly aware of everyone passing by my door.
Unfortunately, some people are not very considerate and some guests continue their loud, animated conversations and laughter late at night in the hallways. If that happens close to your door, you can forget about having a good nights sleep.
This is the only reason, I reduced my 5-star rating to a 4-star rating

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest;
It is always a pleasure to hear when guests compliment our team. As I share all the comments with our associates; feedback such as your “staff was very helpful and very friendly” is very motivating and will help keep us focused to do what we were hired for. Regarding our guest room doors, all of them have rubber door sweeps installed that should prevent the issue you mentioned from happening. I will have our Chief Engineer check all doors and adjust where needed. Thank you again.