The Westin Poinsett, Greenville
  • Breakfast included
$117
$144
$139
Best Western Greenville Airport Inn(Greenville)(Great Value!)
$105
$159
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
$128
Comfort Inn Haywood Mall Area(Greenville)(Great Value!)
$76
$74
1,452 results
All reviewshistoric hotelspoonbreadjanice smithpiano playermain streetheavenly bedchocolate covered strawberriesheart of downtownsouthern charmperfect locationwedding weekendwithin walking distancecorner roomself parkthe entire staffparking garagewonderful hotel
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Gorgeous property, great hotel. Will continue to use this hotel every time I'm in Greenville.

Furthermore, I will recommend this hotel to anyone who needs a hotel in Greenville (it's that good).

That being said, it's not without its flaws.

My major gripes:

(1) The "Heavenly" bathroom is anything but heavenly. The shower pressure is awful (this may be because it's an old building). Also, the shower head is too low. I'm 6 feet, and I was knocking my head against the thing both times I took a shower.

(2) The lighting in the living room of the King Executive Suite is pretty awful. Made it hard to get work done, and I ended up reading in the bed where I could see.

Flaws aside, again, I can't recommend this property enough. Makes me happy to be an SPG member.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Fabianu, Manager at The Westin Poinsett, Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Dear Guest,
We always appreciate feedback, especially from our regular guests. You will be pleased to hear that Westin is introducing new shower heads this year, which will make your stays even more enjoyable. Thank you for continued loyalty. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed at the Westin Poinsett recently for 7 days while on a cycling vacation. I usually stay at a different chain but I have to say that this place exceeded all of my expectations. The room was spacious and comfortable. The restaurant had excellent food but even better there were dozens of restaurants within walking distance in old downtown Greenville. The staff were very pleasant. The WiFi worked great, which has not been my experience at many other hotels. I look forward to returning here in the Fall. There is also a spa less than a block from the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank vbtourist2004

Dear Guest,

We’re so glad you chose to stay to with us this time and are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our fiber optic, high speed internet that is offered complimentary to all our guests. We are very fortunate to be placed in such a beautiful and convenient part of Greenville. We look forward to your return in the fall!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have had the privilege of staying at the Westin Poinsett on a weekly basis for several months now. My job necessitates travel and I have grown accustom to living out of hotels Monday through Thursday. But my experience at the Westin Poinsett has been unique and refreshing, and I often confuse it with my actual home! The staff is all warm and accommodating; they do everything from greeting me by name each week to ensuring I have my mini-fridge and other quirky requests. The amenities are great; everything from the gym to my personal room are always presented with the highest of quality. The decorum is classically antiquated and the lobby carries a regal, sentimental feel. The location of the Westin Poinsett could not be better, we are a minute's walk away from every delicious restaurant and adorable boutique that you could ask for. I could not imagine a more pleasant stay than I have received each week at the Westin Poinsett, it certainly makes my traveling life more manageable by defining what it means to be a home away from home (with quite a few luxurious perks!).

Room Tip: If you are interested in working out in the privacy of your own room- check out the fitness rooms available. They are complete with a treadmill and weight set!
1  Thank Rebecca B

Dear Guest,

We’re honored to be known as your home away from home. It must be tiring traveling that much and we are glad to hear that we make you feel refreshed while staying with us. Thank you for your kind words about our associates, who are most important to us. Comments like yours will make us work even harder.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Sam Hudson and Lucy McGahee run the restaurant and bar like no other. Trust their recommendations and your dinner will be memorable. (Ask what is available and NOT on the menu!) I will definitely be back - and soon.

1  Thank Sam H

Dear Guest,

Sam and Lucy are indeed very valued members of our staff. Thank you for writing about them. Our team, in conjunction with our newly removed lounge, plus the live piano music 5 days a week make for a very enjoyable experience. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Mr Stephen Enright f &b manager, went out of his way to make my stay pleasant I should think all employers would like an employee like him. He was really concerned-not found often in this world! He got an ealam clock sent to my room to replace defective one and chased me down to find out if I was happy. He also showed up at our tables to cheeck if we were happy

1  Thank brenda p
Fabianu, General Manager at The Westin Poinsett, Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Dear guest, thank you so much for the nice comments about our F&B manager, Stephen Enright. He is indeed someone who strongly cares about our guests and your recognition is very much appreciated. Thank you again.