“nice, but they sneak in a charge for the in-room safe without telling you.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn Greenville

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Red Roof Inn Greenville
Ranked #47 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Charleston, South Carolina
“nice, but they sneak in a charge for the in-room safe without telling you.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2010

This hotel is just fine for the low rates, but I really don't appreciate having extra charges added for the room safe without being told about them. $1.50 per night. Not much, true, but I just find it deceptive and not customer friendly. The desk clerk wasn't all that friendly either. Oh, and to get those charges taken off, you have to ask them to do it at check-out. Well, I'm usually in a hurry at checkout time, and just leave my key card in the room. So now I have to go through that hassle and extra irritation. I would stay here again if I couldn't find a comparable rate, but I'll definitely look for something else.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank carolinacaroline
ErinEbersole, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Greenville, responded to this review, December 7, 2010
Hello, Thank you for your review. It is always helpful when we hear or read the reviews about our hotel. We do offer the safes for up to $10,000 in liability… The charges are posted automactically and if the guest doesn’t use it during their stay, they simply just need to notify us at/after check out and we will gladly remove it from their bill.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2010

The website lies to you. Nothing but pimps and hookers at this hotel. Had a drunk person knock on our door at 2am then the phone rings someone asking for a woman. No toliet paper. Room was dirty. Never again will I use this hotel chain again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank Frecklez01
Southlake, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2010

While driving through N GA on the way to NC, my wife and I texted our son to find a decent motel for the night. We were coming from TX. He replied suggesting Red Roof Inn in Greenville, SC (via TRIPADVISOR). Travelers who had stayed there highly recommended it. We found this to be totally true: off the beaten path, quiet, friendly, efficient staff, VERY clean room with a nice layout. Price was right and 3 levels above the Motel 6s/Super 8s we had been staying at. We wouldn't hesitate to stay there again

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Edko23
Turbeville SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2010

The rooms were extremely clean, the staff very pleasant and helpful. We were there for a hospital appointment that was very close.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank TurbevilleSC_BS
Wacissa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2009

In May (2009) I gave a bad review of the N. Kansas CIty (MO) Red Roof Inn, and was surprised since most of thier properties are at least clean, and at best a tremendous motel value. This location is a good example of one of the better RRI's.

I checked-in in the late afternoon, so didn't have to worry about a sleepy night clerk. I had a great conversation with the gentleman that checked me in, with great advice on local sights and restaurants. The "bad neighborhood" referenced in another review is an Interstate (I-85) interchange, with warehouses and a row of car dealerships. In fact, all I could see from the room were lush green trees as this hotel is hidden in a woodsey area. Anyway, the location is great, and this is the largest metro area on the highway between Atlanta and Charlotte. I'll be back, especially when I'm travelling with my hound dog Jake!

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank Mark-nole
Suitland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2009

Overall, the hotel was modern, clean, and aesthetically pleasing. However, do not check in during the late night shift. The front desk clerk was sleep when I arrived to check-in. Apparently, she thought she was at home. She did not look happy to see me. She was in such a rush to get back to sleep, she wanted me to sign the contract before she corrected the price for the room, based on AAA discount.

Unfortunately, we had to have a "pissing contest" before she realized that I was not going to sign a contract with the wrong price on it because it was convenient for her. By the way, I thought that businesses appreciate customers and show that through the use of words like "hello", "thank you" and "good night".

If you think the way you are treated is as important as the cleanliness, price, and appearance of a hotel, then this may not be the hotel for you. Minus this particular employee, the staff at this hotel was friendly and professional. You have a 50/50 chance of getting the best of both worlds: a nice hotel with nice people.

There are plenty of other hotels one exit away just fyi.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank supplycorpsofficer
Yorktown, Va
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2007

In town for Parents and family weekend at East Carolina University. Literally no other rooms in the city were available (and we booked 6 weeks inadvance). So we booked a room at the Red Roof Inn.
Located in a bad part of town. Room smelled upon opening door and there was a Roach crawling up the wall. Bathroom floor greasy and peices of hair left in tub and on sink from previous guest.
Very nasty place, I could not allow my family to stay and we drove 45 minuters in rain to get to available room. Best 45 minutes I've spent (driving to another hotel).

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — everything, dirty, nasty place
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family