“Horrific........” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #44 of 65 Hotels in Greenville
Hinesville
“Horrific........”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Got a good rate and despite some shady reviews thought I would try it....big mistake. Redicard member who made reservation a month in advance, for 1st floor room time to check in there are none available. Next off to room 209 (non smoking room) reeked of smoke and mildew, change of room to 216, air conditioner doesn't work, moved to room 222 where most of the ceiling was crumbling and the room was musty and everything was old in the room. Spoke to the desk clerk who was doing the best he could and asked to get my money back but he told me to call corporate, they could do nothing and since I could not find another room that night we were stuck. In the AM I checked out and luckily the clerk gave me the money back for the upcoming night so I only had to pay for one night at this place. There was an RV blocking most of the parking lot with an extension cord running from the room to the RV which looked questionable to me. Lots of loud cars, parties going on and trash around the property. A huge disappointment to me as many of the Red Roof's I have stayed at were upgraded. This property really needs renovation and an upgrade. The low price is not worth the risk of staying here.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank kjaussies
Naren V, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Greenville, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
I thank you for your comments .I am truly sorry that we could not honor your request for a downstairs room and having to move you to different rooms. We are currently undergoing renovations and have a number of rooms out due to that. I am also sorry that the parking lot was filled, this was due to the dog show hence the RV .I have credited the remaining night of your stay.

Thanking you sincerely,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Windermere, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

This place is a little sketchy, especially if you show up late and need to go to the nighttime check-in area. This is a roadside motel off I-85 at Exit 48A. Access is a little tricky because they've apparently changed the entrance. Next time I need a place nearby I'll probably try the hotels at Exits 51A/B/C.

The rooms are roadside motel quality. The rooms on the north side are quite noisy, as they are near the interstate. It looks some of the other rooms have more long term tenants (think oil changes in the parking lot).

Be careful of Red Roof's add on charges, like the "optional" safe rental fee they will charge you for unless you decline it.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Robogator0
Naren V, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Greenville, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
I am very sorry, that you experienced difficulty in finding our new entrance. The original entrance was closed by the State and we have working with them to try and get better directional signage installed. I am also sorry for the car in the parking lot being worked on, the owner of the car had some mechanical issues and was working to get it started.
The room safe charges are for the convenience and use of the room safe, and we do gladly refund the charges for any guest that request it.
I very much appreciate you, letting us know of issues so that we can address them.

Greenville, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Like the fact was pet friendly. Had a little pet area, but no pet trash bags. The parking lot had a car basically up on a block being worked on. So that, and the clientele, were seriously questionable. Room was small, but well thought out, designed, and renovated. Comfortable bed- bathroom fine. A good use of the space, particularly for the price. Need to fix the sign as this hotel has changed entrances, by GPS could not find it, and I drove around in the dark looking for it. It's kind of back behind stuff and from main street, cannot see it.
Sum:
Nice room, 3 or 3 1/2 star room for great price.
Outside needs work, and did not feel like a safe environment, I could not recommend it to, say, a woman traveling alone.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Scott S
I am very sorry that the trash bag was missing in the pet trash can, and the car being worked on in the parking lot, Unfortunately, the owner of the car had some mechanical issues with the car was not able to start it ,hence he was fixing it. I can assure you we are a safe location.
I greatly appreciate your review for letting me know of the issues so that they can be addressed.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

While the bed was comfortable and they allowed our little dog to stay for free, the lobby, outside area, and room were ghetto. Also, they are in process of changing out the carpet to fake wood floors but right now the room smelled really bad and my feet were dirty from walking on it.

We had just stayed at another Red Roof in Charleston and loved it...we were disappointed by the difference in quality. Next time, we will do a walk through of the room before final booking.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Billie M
I am truly sorry that there was trash on the outside near the lobby , and the smell in the room and carpet being dirty. .I will address the issue with the construction crew that is currently working in renovating the hotel .I greatly appreciate you letting me know so that we can address the issues.
Once again I am sorry that you experienced this, and I anticipate your next visit will be more pleasant.

Roanoke, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I was traveling home and just wanted some sleep so I stopped here. I waited in line there was 2 younger guys ahead of us and they decided not to get a room after they left the guy at the counter said "we raised our rates to keep people like that out of here" hmmmmm... After checking in I drove to my room just as I was parking I notices about 6 people standing outside it made me feel uneasy and just as I opened my room door the people that was standing in the parking started fighting which made me not want to stay there and I felt unsafe. I didn't even finish going into the room I put my stuff back in my car and handed in my key card in and went back on the interstate to find another hotel you couldn't pay me enough to stay at this hotel

Room Tip: Go to the hilton it was worth the extra money and I felt safe there
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Dbury2014
Naren V, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Greenville, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
I am truly sorry the remarks made by the front desk clerk , they were not appropriate. I am also very sorry that you did not stay with us due to the people fighting in the parking lot. Let me assure you that we will address these problems . We are a safe location and do not normally have such problems.
I greatly appreciate you letting us know of these issues so that we can address them.

GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

After reading some of the extremely negative reviews we were concerned but others in the immediate area and in our price range were reviewed even worse. We decided to try anyway. We found the negatives not to be the case. We had a great room...well appointed and clean and very comfortable and priced very reasonably. Would stay again for certain.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Lucky1051
Naren V, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Greenville, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
We are very glad that you gave us a try and had a very nice stay. We anticipate that your next visit will be even better as we are currently renovating the entire Hotel to give our guests a superior level of experience.

Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Nice place. Clean, comfy rooms. Staff is friendly and helpful. Downtown is only a few minutes away (less than 10 minutes). Definitely will stay here next time we are in the area. Well worth the money.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Naren V, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Greenville, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
We are very glad that you had a very pleasant stay . We will be pleased to accommodate you in your future travels,

Naren
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenville
Days Inn Greenville
Comfort Inn Millennium
#46 of 65 in Greenville
3.5 of 5 stars 86 reviews
Clarion Inn & Suites Greenville

Been to Red Roof Inn Greenville? Share your experiences!