“Apprehensive but tried anyway. Glad we did.”

Red Roof Inn Greenville
Ranked #49 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
GA
“Apprehensive but tried anyway. Glad we did.”
Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

After reading some of the extremely negative reviews we were concerned but others in the immediate area and in our price range were reviewed even worse. We decided to try anyway. We found the negatives not to be the case. We had a great room...well appointed and clean and very comfortable and priced very reasonably. Would stay again for certain.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Lucky1051
Naren V, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Greenville, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
We are very glad that you gave us a try and had a very nice stay. We anticipate that your next visit will be even better as we are currently renovating the entire Hotel to give our guests a superior level of experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Nice place. Clean, comfy rooms. Staff is friendly and helpful. Downtown is only a few minutes away (less than 10 minutes). Definitely will stay here next time we are in the area. Well worth the money.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Naren V, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Greenville, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
We are very glad that you had a very pleasant stay . We will be pleased to accommodate you in your future travels,

Thanking you Sincerely,

Naren
Woodstock, Georgia
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I am in Greenville once a month and this is where I choose to stay. The people who work there are the NICEST! From the desk clerks to the housekeeping staff to the maintenance guys, everyone is friendly and pleasant. Any time I have ever had any sort of issue, it has been handled with promptness and courtesy. The rooms as clean, the price is reasonable and they allow me to bring my dog :-) I will continue to stay there any time I come to Greenville

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank 508traveler
Naren V, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Greenville, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
We greatly appreciate your business and will be glad to accommodate you every month, when visiting Greenville.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I made a reservation, (I wanted a room to watch NFL Playoff games). I arrived early, room not ready. Maggie at front desk took my phone number. A couple hours later she called, I went back and checked in. Arrived at my room and they were setting up a new flat screen TV.
The entire staff is outstanding...Friendly, efficient and professional.
The room is tidy and comfortable. The cable channels are a bit skimpy....local channels, a few ESPN and a couple HBO. Could use some expansion. I was working in the room so some extra options would have been nice.
The location is great, tucked right off the Interstate for convenience, but isolated from local traffic so fairly quiet...A nice situation. Overall a very nice for the price motel.

Room Tip: I booked online through Entertainment.com for 15% off.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank TheDict8or
Naren V, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Greenville, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
We greatly appreciate your Business and the great review . Hope to see you soon on your next visit.

Florida
Reviewed November 24, 2013

This was the worst hotel on our whole trip, which included two rental cabins and seven hotels. They had very little in the way of amenities, a reidiculously unappealing clientele, and everything seemed to be broken. They had one woman on duty at a time, except for housekeepers, and everyone wanted this poor woman for something because everything was kaput or missing. There was a nice dog walk area, and at night, although people stood around all day outside smoking, and all kinds of pimped out vehicles came and went, it was quiet. The property was neither clean nor well-maintained. The rooms were good enough that we didn't feel the need to leave. But we were glad to get out all the same!

Room Tip: Choose a room in a different motel!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank eslbee
Spartanburg
Reviewed November 22, 2013

We have stayed at this motel several times. I always make a reservation several days in advance. Every time, without fail, our room is never ready. The check-in time according to the website, is 1:00 PM. We have arrived at 1:00, 2:00, 3:00, and the room is never ready. Today we waited until 4:00 PM. The receptionist at the front desk called the housekeeper to make sure the room was ready, because she knows she has had to turn us away numerous times before. I heard the conversation she had with housekeeping, as the receptionist had the phone on speaker. Housekeeping informed the receptionist that all the rooms on the backside of her building were ready as well as a couple on the front side of the building. In other words, our room was supposed to be ready. I finished checking in, and proceeded to go to my room. When we got to our room, the door was standing open, and the bed unmade. I immediately called the front desk and informed the receptionist that our room was NOT ready. I was told that they were sorry, but they did not have another room like this one to put us in. I informed her that we would wait, & she proceeded to call housekeeping to get them to finish the room. It didn't take 10 minutes. The reason I am writing this review is this: WHY, if the check-in time is 1:00 PM, how can the rooms not be ready at 1:00? If you know that you have a reservation of this room, that someone is coming in and expects it to be ready at the 1:00 PM time, why can this room not be ready. This happens every time we stay here, and we stay here quite often. I understand if the former occupants have left a grand mess, or were slow in leaving, but the check-out time is 11:00 AM. From 11 to 4 is 5 hours. Does it take 5 hours to get a room ready? This is unacceptable. It is now 5:30 PM, and there are still housekeepers working to get rooms ready. Something needs to be done about this problem. No one has even offered to discount our stay seeing as we are repeat customers, and this happens EVERY time we stay here. Everyone is always sorry, but sorry doesn't get the room ready on time.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Judith M
Greenville SC
Reviewed November 4, 2013

OK, The price is right. BUT.. The room I ended up in has a peeling ceiling above the heat register, the A/C is coming off the wall, The shower curtain was so short that you end up flooding the floor. The microwave worked but only if you punched the button for automatic presets, Kinda a party place, had people knocking on the door looking for prior guests..Kinda creepy. The pictures of the lobby are accurate.. Best spot in the whole place. The rest must have been taken right after they built the place. If you only care about price, this might work for you. Oh, one last thing. The place is almost impossible to find. Hidden off the freeway, A GPS will be NO HELP...

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business