“Hard to find, odd smell, great staff”

Red Roof Inn Greenville
Ranked #49 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed June 20, 2013

GPS won't find it, but pretty reasonable for the price. Staff is very friendly and room was a little small, but ok. Whatever they clean with leaves an odd smell, but it was clean. Great water pressure.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Jeffrey P
Warren S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you for the review. I know it has been a challenge for us also. Three(3) years ago the City decided to change our old entrance to new entrance. Redroof were being proactive to put banners and signs up help guide you to our property. Sorry about the odd smell. I will be sure to pay close attention to a smell when checking rooms. I will let the staff know how much you appreciate their efforts of being friendly and having clean rooms. Looking forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Here's the thing. do not use your gps to find this place!
This property is not in a bad location, its just a little tricky to find( there are signs once you exit the frwy). My stay there was way better than I expected. my room was large, wall outlets(plug in's) in all the right places, my bed was so comfortable I stayed a 2nd night. The property is a bit dated, the room was great except for the cobwebs in the corner over the door. the ac worked perfectly, my fridge could have been colder and my microwave molding fell off, this didn't affect the the performance of the micro. This Red roof offers ample car parking and for the larger vehicles(semi's, rv's) maybe 5-7 can park here. No pet fee! lots of mowed grounds to exercise your friend, My room had proper lighting, older tv(worked) cable, free wi-fi(slow). easy check in/out.
There is a bi-low about a mile away in a shopping plaza( lots of eateries there). I was safe, slept soundly and I think I got a real bargain for the $.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Warren S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Thank you for the review. At Redroof Inn Greenville we appreciate your feedback. Almost Three years ago the city of Greenville closed our old entracne and build an new entrance to our hotel off of Millenium drive to make it safer and more uniform to the business center. We were being proactive to place signs and banners to direct guest to our new entrance and is still a working progress. I am glad you were able to locate us. It was great to hear that your stay was pleasant stay outside of the few adjustments that has already been addressed. We strive to make sure every guest is confident, significant and delighted. Thank you again for your feed back and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Redroof Inn Greenville.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

We were on our way to PA from GA on May 30th and my car lost the entire exhaust on the hwy. We found this hotel and called for rates. Rate was very reasonable. Then the moving truck wouldn't start so I called back and let them know that we want the room but might be awhile and asked if I should make a reservation. The gal at the front desk was very nice and said it wasn't necessary but did take my name and saves us a room anyway. When we arrived we asked about local garages. Within a half hour she was knocking on our door with print outs of local garages to fix my car! AWESOME! Room was nice - could use a little updating but it worked for us. Bed was comfy & room was clean! Cleaning gal was super nice too!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. Wow I am sorry to hear about your exhaust pipe falling off. I am glad that you were able to find our hotel and get a good night sleep. The Front Desk GSR that helped you is Jokeva and I will let her know how much appreciated her.We will be looking forward to seeing you on your next passing through Greenville ,SC.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

We decided to stay at the Red Roof Inn to save money on a room and spend the savings in downtown Greenville. The room was very comfortable, the service was exceptional (kudos to Kita and Warren for locating an item we left in the room) and downtown Greenville is worth checking out. We'll return to visit Greenville, and when we do we will be staying at the Red Roof Inn.

Room Tip: The entrance to the hotel is within Clemson's International Center for Automotive Research campu...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jim M
Warren S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Thank you for posting your comment on Trip Advisor at the Red Roof Inn Greenville our number one objective is to make your stay a comfortable and memorable experience by having clean rooms at an economical price. I will be sure to let Marquita know how much you appreciated her efforts. We will be looking forward to seeing you on your next visit to Greenville South Carolina

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Marquite was extremely helpful and polite which made our stay enjoyable. As soon as we walked in the room it smelled great not like most rooms that smell musky. The room was nice and clean. Plus they are pet friendly and do not charge for pets. Overall it's a great hotel and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank k90n90w
Warren S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thank you for your review. My staff and I strive to provide the best service and clean rooms. I will be sure to let Marquita and the other staff members know how much you appreciated them. Thank you again and we are looking forward to your future visit.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

GPS unit sent me astray because even though the motel is still in the same location, the road was moved. Fortunately I saw an arrow pointing to the motel location, which is well-hidden. Glad I found it. It's another remodeled Red Roof -- good, clean, low-priced and inviting. A/C worked well. All doors face outside so there is no smokey smell. I had a small room, but it was big enough to hold a king-size bed. The sheets were clean and appeared new. Because it's not on the highway, there was no traffic noise.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Warren S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

Thank you for response. I do apologize for you having a problem with finding the location. Our old entrance was changed almost three years ago. We are still in communication with the city to correct the issue. We were proactive in putting signs and arrows up to guide you to the new entrance I am glad you were able to find it. Hopefully we can get this resolved soon. I appreciate your comments about the hotel. my staff and I strive to make every guest stay an enjoyable experience. Thank you again and hope to see you soon on your next visit to Greenville, SC and Red Roof Inn Greenville

Reviewed May 2, 2013

By far one of the nicest hotel I've ever stayed in thanks to Jokeeva. Everything me and my wife need she was there to assist us. She made us feel at home. And the rest of the staff was phenomenal also. Will not be the last time I stay there. The rooms are nice and spacious and very clean. Thank guys for and AWSOME experiance.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your response. We strive to make every guest feel confident, significant and delighted. I will be sure to let Jokeva and the other staff members know how much you appreciated them. Thank you again and we are looking forward to your future visit.