“Nice and clean newer hotel for a decent price. The only...”

Microtel Inn & Suites Greenville
Ranked #19 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Johnstown
“Nice and clean newer hotel for a decent price. The only...”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Nice and clean newer hotel for a decent price. The only downfall was that it did not have a microwave or fridge in the rooms

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Hickory, North Carolina
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Have stayed with other major hotel groups and lately not pleased with accuracy of their rating of property. This Microtel Inn and Suites in Greenville, SC was very clean and new. Small room with few extras, but great for a one night stay. We would visit again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stayed here on a business trip for one night when my usual hotel was sold out. It is located behind the Carabbas (which I ate for dinner, very good). The outside looks nice, easy parking. The lobby had a modern look to it, friendly greeting by the staff when I walked in. She even walked with me to make sure the room was clean which was a nice touch. The room was very clean and efficiently designed. By efficient I mean small! This was one of the smallest rooms I have ever stayed in (hence the Mirco in the hotel name!), but overall it was comfortable. My ground floor room faced the parking lot and the cars were parked right outside my window which I personally didn't like, might not bother others (not much noise from parking lot though). There were no lamps, just overhead lighting (which worked well). The TV was on top of the closet which reminded me a bit of an RV, but they worked well with the small space. There was also a workspace and free wi-fi which also worked well. There was not much room around either side of the bed. The bathroom was well laid out and did not feel as small as the room. Everything was very clean which is important to me. Linens were of a good quality. They had a continental breakfast in the morning which is always a nice touch. Nothing fancy, cereal, yogurts, fruit, etc. If my regular hotel was available I would stay there as this room was a tad too small for me, but if I did stay again, I would request a room on the other side of the hall so I wouldn't overlook the parking lot.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the parking lot (or perhaps on an upper floor).
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
St. Louis
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed here for four nights while visiting family in Greenville. i chose this hotel based on the great price and equally great reviews on Trip Advisor...and was not disappointed! The building smells brand new when you walk in - it's obviously recently been renovated. Our room with two queen-sized beds was large and spacious with two desk work areas, super-comfortable beds and sheets, good lighting and good heating/cooling system. The bathroom is a bit smaller than some - not a lot of counter space but adequate. The breakfast was basic and did not include any hot dishes but was good and plentiful. All of the staff that we met were extremely friendly and helpful. Still can't believe the quality of the lodging for the price we paid - it was excellent!

Room Tip: We were on the third (top) floor about four rooms away from the elevator and it was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank csru
Hendersonville, North Carolina
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Our flight out of Greenville was canceled so we found ourselves looking for a hotel for the night. We were pleasantly surprised by the Microtel. It was conveniently located near several restaurants. The sheets were very soft. The room, although small, was very clean. The bathroom was more than adequate and I liked the quality of the toiletries provided. I am picky about my pillow so I always travel with my own. My husband, who isn't very fussy about his pillow, complained about the pillows. My husband said the breakfast offerings were meager.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple