“its a place to sleep and shower.”

Days Inn Greenville
Ranked #48 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Below adverage breakfast but it was a breakfast, House cleaning skipped a day and all I got was "sorry"... and i was told to come back aagin and we would lower the rate. Noisy heater unit.

Why dont the customer get the best rate up front? Lower rate was posted on internet also.
Location is Good for sure.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Greenville

Reviewed February 15, 2013

The room was clean and relaxing. The only problem is that at this particular location the housekeeping staff is very annoying they are husband and wife any they harass you to check out before 11:00am so they can clean room, they stop bye your room twice. One to collect trash, then one to clean the room. They are really annoying.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
1  Thank Keith D
Reviewed February 4, 2013

If you're looking for amenities, this is not the place. But if all you need is a clean, quiet room in a terrific location (one block from I-385) at a fabulous price, this is it. I'm staying a week...I paid $44/night by booking online (got 20% off the regular $55 rack rate). The complimentary breakfast is all carbs (no yogurt or fruit, except a greenish banana), but at this price, I can afford to got out in the morning. Very pleasant night clerk.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We had no problem with the staff. The issue was the room. The room was so hot. We turned off the heat and even though the temp. outside was in the teens (Jan 21st 2013) we were boiling inside. Our sons slept without any sheets covering them. We used a sheet. The sheets had some dye stains, the room smelled and the carpet could do with a shampoo or replacement. The faucet was leaking. B/fast was okay. Will not stay at Days Inn again. We thought our bad experience at Days Inn in another city earlier was a fluke.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I would not recommend this hotel; especially not for a family that wants peach and quiet. We stayed for 2 nights. The first night was actually fine. In fact we were very pleased with how kind and accommodating the man at the front desk was. Then the next day is when the noise started. About 12 in the afternoon we heard started to hear banging and creaking noises for over an hour straight. It wasn't that big of a deal because it was during the day when we were all awake. We left about 4pm and got back the second night around 8pm. As soon as we got into the room all we could hear was people screaming and running up and down the sidewalk in front of the rooms. It was annoying, especially considering we had out 3 year old son. It calmed down for a few hours until about midnight. We were trying to sleep and there was a group of people outside yelling and screaming and making as much noise as they possibly could. I tried to ignore it for a while hoping maybe they would go to bed. Then the worst of it all happened at 2am. Somebody decided it would be a good idea to start their car and rev the engine over and over and over and over. It was a car that clearly had a special engine in it. Just the car itself was loud when it was started, imagine how bad it was when they revved it up. They kept starting it and cutting it off and every time they would rev it as many times as they could. I had to call the front desk. I explained to the person at the front desk (I believe his name was Brian) that it was ridiculous and we were trying to sleep. By this time it was at least 2:30 in the morning. He was very understanding and nice about the entire situation. He told me if we had any other problems to just call him back. The car noise stopped but then the banging on the wall started. It was clear after about 15 minutes that it was a couple having "personal time". I had to call the front desk again. Finally it was quiet. Until about 6 am when the car revving started yet again. I got next to no sleep. I will not be staying here again because of this. The room really needed to be cleaned deeply. Especially the bathroom. That I could deal with but the noise was horrible.

Room Tip: Try and stay at the front towards the road. Believe it or not it is quieter than the back near the p...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 11, 2013

This was a cheap hotel. The room was not clean by any stretch of the imagination. The janitorial staff seemed helpful, but they could not speak English. So our room was never vacuumed correctly. The bathroom was quite dirty; I was glad that I brought Clorox disinfecting wipes! Would not stay here again unless my budget necessitated it.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Everything was good. The only complaint is the refrigerator did not have a freeze compartment for our ice packs to put in our cooler. Bathtub design made it difficult to stand and shower (too small and sides to curved)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business