“Not too bad...decent value despite initial housekeeping debacle.”

Days Inn Greenville
Ranked #48 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed May 29, 2012

It didn't look good when we first arrived. I opened the door to the lobby to find guests deep in the heat of a screaming match with the front desk. Apparently they had just checked in to a filthy room. I dreaded that we would have the same fate. When we finally were able to check in (literally 40 min after arriving) we found that, though our room was relatively clean, there were brown finger prints on the pillow cases. That was completely unacceptable. After we went back and complained, we were upgraded free at no charge to a 3rd floor room, with no issues. I don't know what the problem was with 1st floor rooms getting clean that day, but management was very apologetic and prompt in fixing the issue (for us at least). After that, our stay was quiet, pleasant, and relaxing. The breakfast was a bit dumpy, but I don't expect the world from a Days Inn.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank USCHazDan

Reviewed May 11, 2012

Nice motel. Very busy stree, hard to enter and exit. Large lobby with booth for guest computer. One of the staff occupied the booth for long periods, ignoring me as I waited out side. When she did exit, she "acted surprised" that I wanted to use it. Manager was busy on the phone in the evening, trying to solve a problem. Room was vwey nice, clean and quiet. Breakfast buffet was nice, but the guests were messy. Most just walked off without clearing their table. When I mentioned it to the Mgr, he jumped right up and cleaned the room. We were there two nights. Wished it were longer. we would go back.

Room Tip: Hit the buffet early before other guests make a mess.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Started with a first floor (handicapped accessible room). It was poor quality (design/appearence) and there was a banging tapping noise from the bathroom that persisted all night. We ran the bathroom fan to cover the noise and switched rooms the next day (3rd floor was better). The buffet breakfast was horrible and the lobby/breakfast area was monitored by one person 4 of 5 days we were there. She/he did the best they could but it was a riduculous situation. STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE!

Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mjgolf1000
Reviewed March 21, 2012

We booked a room at this Days Inn for a weekend getaway after losing a family member...The sheets on my daughter's bed was dirty..we had to go and get more sheets..which was very inconvenient...then we looked towards the window and saw a big spider...We tried to enjoy our selves anyway but that didn't work...we notice the lady at the front desk was doing mutiple jobs..she was very nice...she needed some help badly.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I attended a conference at the nearby Embassy Suites, but I'm on a budget, so we booked a room at the Days Inn for a very reasonable $40.00. The lady working at the front desk was very sweet and welcoming. There were complimentary copies of USA Today in the lobby, and the complimentary breakfast in the morning was great as well. The room was clean and very acceptable. I was very, very pleased with our stay and thought we got an exceptional value for what we paid. Free wifi too! There's several restaurants around the hotel and big-box places to shop, and overall, I thought the hotel's location was very accessible to nearby amenities.

Room Tip: Third floor rooms are in an internal hallway and are elevator accesible. It was nice not having to...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank southerngirl745
Reviewed December 13, 2011

Once again, this hotel is the best value in the area. Clean, comfortable with free wifi, minifridge and breakfast all for under $50/night. Most hotels this cheap I would worry about cleanliness and safety, but this place is top-notch. It's the second time we've stayed here and we are just as pleased with the room as before. No complaints at all.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank isilwath
Reviewed November 3, 2011

I've stayed at most of the moderately priced hotels in the area and generally stay here. Internet speed is better than the nearby competition.

Room Tip: Poolside is quiet. I prefer the third floor.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business