“1 person per room business hotel”

Courtyard Greenville-Spartanburg Airport
Ranked #30 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
GreenLeadersBronze level
South East
“1 person per room business hotel”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

This is the small bunker style hotel room basically set up for 1 traveler. One small sink area, for example.Linens nice, lobby, nice if you care. No breakfast unless you pay extra $9.95.3 miles to airport off I-85. Rooms facing front have noticable street noise. Not sure why we are asked by Marriott Elite to put in preferances as the couple of requests I have listed were not honored and after the 3rd room offered, finally got what was asked for. Could do better...cookies good.

Room Tip: Ask for back side facing trees and away from the elevator.
Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
scottmcdowell, General Manager at Courtyard Greenville-Spartanburg Airport, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and comment on your recent stay with us. We value feedback and use it to make operational changes that make our hotel a better place to stay! Also, I would like to thank you for providing a travel tip. Tips, like the one you provided will help many TripAdvisor customers in the future. Thank you again for reviewing our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Columbia, SC
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Somehow this hotel has kept its looks, ambiance, etc. over my many visits. It is comforting to know that the place you're going to stay will be in top condition and have a very helpful staff.
Enough said!

William

Room Tip: Look at a map before hand to know where to turn, smile!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
scottmcdowell, General Manager at Courtyard Greenville-Spartanburg Airport, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Dear William,

Thank you for the confidence you have in our hotel by being a repeat customer! Also, we would like to thank you for the great review of your stays with us. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to your next visit. Please hurry back and see us again soon!

Scott McDowell
Lebanon, New Jersey
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Right off highway at exit 54, and across street from many restaurants - within walking distance, but be careful crossing very busy street. Hotel appeared to be fairly full (lots of cars) but was very quiet at night.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
scottmcdowell, General Manager at Courtyard Greenville-Spartanburg Airport, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear notmuchifnotDutch,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are pleased that you appreciated our great location. We certainly look forward to your return visit. Thanks again for providing feeback on your stay.

Regards,

Scott McDowell
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Extremely courteous staff. I was given a room on the second floor with a small seating area outside . which included 2 chairs and a table. Free wireless ,a refrigerator but no microwave. However, free coffee is available in the lobby, and there is a microwave there. I got a free breakfast included with the room. I added one day with Priceline to my reservation and was told I could not stay in the room I have for 3 days.But have to move to an inferior room.most likely with no breakfast either.Still a .great place to stay right next t I-85 and across the street from Marriot. Free heated pool and 24 hour fitness center.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank notmuchifnotDutch
scottmcdowell, General Manager at Courtyard Greenville-Spartanburg Airport, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear notmuchifnotDutch,

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback to the TripAvisor community about your recent stay! We appreciate the comments about our Award-wiining staff and great location. Please make sure to come back and visit the next time you visit our beautiful city!
Ball Ground, Georgia
Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

Made reservations here as a midpoint stop for a trip. Chose it because we are Marriot Rewards members and the hotel has good star ratings here and on Expedia where I made my reservation.

The hotel's lobby appearance and the staff welcome was promising. However, I was disappointed with the room especially in comparison to other Courtyards I have visited. The couch in our room looked and felt as if an elephant had been sitting in it for a long time. The middle was very sucken in.

I was not able to get any hot water out of the sink. I tried the faucet in both directions letting it run for a considerable time in both. Still, not even luke warm. Then I ran my son a bath. The water there was scalding. I had to be very careful setting it to a comfortable temperature. Checked the sink faucet after that and did have hot water there finally.

On a final note. My reservation made on Expedia was to include a full breakfast for two.it was even listed on the confirmation I printed off. When I checked in I was told breakfast was not included and was available for $9.99 per person. My son and I decided we'll check out the nearby Waffle House in the morning.

On a positive note. The fitness facility is open 24 hours which was good for me. The bed was comfortable and the hotel was quiet.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank fuzzyverts
Dear fuzzyverts,

I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay with us. Our primary goal is to deliver great service and a problem-free room at a great value. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. Please be assured that the problems you noted have been addressed. We do our best to keep them from recurring. Again, thank you for the feedback.
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stayed at this Courtyard at the end of Sept. 2012 and found it very nice. Good service, polite staff, and good location for downtown and Tyger Park. Buffet breakfast could be hotter and fresher, more attention by the staff. The two fastpitch girls teams had a good time, especially being allowed to use the Marriott outdoor pool across the street. Good stay!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
scottmcdowell, General Manager at Courtyard Greenville-Spartanburg Airport, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back!
San Antonio
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Have stayed at this hotel numerous times and they obviously know that as they always "welcome me back" when they are looking at the computer. So thought it was odd that as a frequent "stayer" there that they would put me in a room right in front of both the elevators and the Ice & soda machines. I know the rooms need to be booked but they should do something for the sound. This was also the first time I have had a room there that was in need of repair. The entry carpet smelled moldy/musty (maybe due to the proximity of the ice machine?), the shower curtain rod was barely hanging on the wall, and the shower/tub handle had to be pounded to shut it off. Not what I expect from Marriott.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is NOT near the elevator to avoid the extra noise. If you are by the elevator yo...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
scottmcdowell, General Manager at Courtyard Greenville-Spartanburg Airport, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you for your comments. We always appreciate the feedback from our guests. I am sorry that your recent stay did not mirror your previous ones. We strive to meet or exceed guests expectations and will take your comments and use them to make adjustments to our operation. Thank you again for your comments. Please come back to see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenville
Fairfield Inn Greenville-Spartanburg Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville Airport
Wyndham Garden Greenville Airport
Residence Inn Greenville-Spartanburg Airport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Greenville Airport
#21 of 64 in Greenville

Been to Courtyard Greenville-Spartanburg Airport? Share your experiences!