“Beautiful Holiday Inn Express”

Holiday Inn Express Greenville I-85 and Woodruff Road
Ranked #25 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed August 24, 2010

This is one of the nicest Holiday Inn's I have stayed at. The front desk staff was very professional and friendly, which is something that is getting harder to come by these days. The property is only 7 years old and has recently gone through a pretty extensive renovation. Everything appeared new and my King Suite was both spacious and clean. The furniture was updated, the bed was comfortable and even granite countertops! Breakfast was typical for an HIE, although everything was immaculate and the food was replenished regularly. I would DEFINATELY recommend this hotel and I felt the value was excellent for the money. Congrats to their staff who clearly are going the extra distance to make their property stand apart from the rest!

Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Greenville I-85 and Woodruff Road

Reviewed July 21, 2010

The hotel was clean and comfortable but the room itself was disappointing. The air conditioner was one of those that stuck out from the wall and did not have a thermostat and was not large enough to adequately cool the deluxe room on the hot day we were there. The furniture in the deluxe room with sitting area was dysfunctional in that if you sat on the sofa, you could not see the tv, if you sat in the chair on the other side of the room, there was no table and you could not see the tv, so the sitting area was not worth the extra money. The bathroom was average. The bedding comfort was average. In my opinion this was an older holiday inn that was renovated and there is some dysfunctionality to it. The alarm went off in the middle of the night and we had to evacuate, and the fire dept seemed familiar with the problem. The exercise room was just like a hotel room converted and had a couple of treadmills and a weight machine close together. The complimentary breakfast was your standard gruell. Dont salivate on your way down the elevator. The hotel has a complimentary shuttle to the airport, but when asked how frequently it ran, nobody seemed to know. I was told not before 7am and to call and if someone was available they'd take me. No one knew what the taxi time and fare was as an alternative. The reason I am posting is that there were several reviews rating this hotel as excellent, and I anticipated much more than your average Holiday Inn and this Holiday Inn was average, definitely nothing special about it.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank beachcomber2148
Reviewed March 16, 2010

This hotel is well kept and the bed was comfy. We seemed to be staying at a time when the hotel was packed with teens, but overall it stayed pretty quiet. My family and I are very picky about cleanliness, but this hotel passed the test. The location is central, and near the interstate and many restaurants. The biggest problem we had here was that the management would not accept 40.00 IHG voucher to be credited towards the room bill. Apparently they don't honor these if the reservation is pre-paid. Of course, no one tells you this until it is too late.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 10, 2010

My family stayed one night in this hotel on 6 March 2010 on our way from Savannah to Gatlinburg for our family vacation. I chose this hotel because of it's reasonable price and the fact that it has an indoor pool for the kids. The front desk personnel were very friendly and the hotel looked like it was brand new. I was told that it has been open for 8 years but you could not tell. The whole place was very clean. I had read a previous review saying that the beds were very hard and uncomfortable but my wife and I disagree. We found them comfortable. The pool is not very big or deep, but it was better then none at all. I would highly recommend this hotel and will stay there again if I am ever in the area.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 28, 2010

Holiday Inn Express, as many of other comparable chains (Hampton Inn, Wyngate, Courtyard, etc.) strives to ensure consistency and predictability for its guests, especially business travelers, and this makes it hard to differentiate between them.

What sets this hotel apart however, is its excellent customer service. Every member of the staff I interacted with during my 4-night stay - from the breakfast area, to the front desk, to the shuttle drivers, to the general manager - was Attentive, Available, and Accomodating (AAA). I left thinking: "this is the way to run a hospitality establishment!".

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 15, 2009

We booked this hotel using the Holiday Inn "on-line" website. We used our Priority Club points - - regular rate was 25,000 points - - we got it on a Point Breaker for 5,000 points.

The hotel is set back off Wodruff Road among some stores.

We were upgraded to an Executive Suite - - very comfortable king-size bed, sofa bed, kitchenette, work desk, easy chair, large flat-screen TV. Dining table for two. Large bathroom with large fluffy towels.

Our suite, and the hotel inside and out was very clean. I think we were near an airport but never heard any sounds in our room.

The staff - - from check-in to check-out - - was very accomodating and friendly.

The hot breakfast was outstanding - scrambled and hard-boiled eggs, biscuits and gravy, bacon, hot cinnamon rolls, yogurt, fruit drinks, coffee, tea - - just about anything you'd like for breakfast was there and included.

The hotel was about twenty miles off our planned route to Myrtle Beach for our three-month winter stay - - but the accomodations (especially the upgrade and "break" on points) made it very worthwhile.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BKCK
Reviewed September 18, 2009

The staff is friendly and courteous and the breakfast is awesome.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business