“Fastest Check In I've Ever Had Anywhere!”

Holiday Inn Express Greenville I-85 and Woodruff Road
Ranked #25 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
USA
“Fastest Check In I've Ever Had Anywhere!”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Great front desk staff & super friendly. Lightning fast check in. Breakfast good. Had a pancake making/cooking machine that's cool. 2 negatives: have to go outside for only 3 feet to go back inside to the pool, (guys, this should be closed in, as it's only 3 feet!), and also, the hall carpets are very stained, (guys, call a pro carpet cleaning company!). All carpet in the hotel will need replacement in the next year or so. But a relaxing stay. Coffee is available all day long. Nice business & fitness center too.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Jason P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenville I-85 and Woodruff Road, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let travelers know about your experience at our hotel. We are so happy that you were able to experience the friendliness of our staff. Our people truly set us apart from our competitors. The pool was enclosed as a response to many requests for year-round swimming. Fire codes would not allow us to connect the two buildings, but we are very happy to be able to offer our guests year-round swimming in the heated indoor pool. Our carpet is only 5 years old, but the hotel has just gone through a full guest room renovation during which the construction traffic left the carpet a little dirty. We were waiting until final completion to have all carpets throughout the hotel cleaned as we do this once per quarter. You came in on the very end of the renovations and carpets have been cleaned, and are cleaned four times per year by a professional carpet cleaning service. Again, we appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Greenville. Safe Travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

I'll get straight to the point , breakfast great, location excellent shopping ,movie theater on same road as hotel and any restaurant you can think of olive garden , TGIFriday, cheddars, red robin, fuddruckers, chili's, carabbas and many more. That being at this hotel ac in our room was noisy and fridge noisy at night could've just been our room and half of the TV channels kept displaying no signal. But bed was comfy and staff was very nice overall we had a pleasant and would come back.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for your review. We agree that our location in the Greenville area cannot be beat for its convenience to just about everything any traveler would need. I am sorry to hear about the noise issues with your AC and the refrigerator in your room. I have forwarded your comments to our maintenance team to ensure they do a thorough check on our fridges and ACs. We have also, indeed, just undergone a channel realignment with the cable company and are working to eliminate the non-responsive channels from the guest room televisions. Thank you again, and please do come back to see us the next time you're in Greenville.
Columbus, Montana
Reviewed August 29, 2013

First of all there was construction, when you see a truck with mattresses outside, keep going. Now I realize that upgrades of a property must take place but at least close the floor on which it is occurring. Believe me this property needs upgrading. Broken floor tiles the works. There was no ice on the floor I was lodged on. Of course it was hot and the construction workers do hot work, no ice, no cokes, hot hallways and a really hot elevator that you were usually sharing with a cart full or refurbishments . There were no bottles of water for the priority club member at the front desk, of course it is available in the machine for $1.25. The work did cease at a decent time but the luggage cart was being used to move construction materials. I love Greenville SC, it seems to have been bypassed in post housing bust, business thrive. Perhaps I was seeing the resurgence at this property. The location is good if you can get across I-85, otherwise I would choose something better located to the shopping area that is very close by. Plenty of places to eat. Sorry this Inn is not my cup of tea, more like a day old soda after the fizz is gone. If you are there anyway, be careful of the American Standard commodes. These are the ones where the water level will come up and give you a surprise. i expect this review to be covered up quickly so read fast.

Room Tip: Be careful of the commodes, you can get soiled by dirty water. I am sure you have read about the br...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Jason P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenville I-85 and Woodruff Road, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you for your candid review, we appreciate any and all feedback because our goal is to provide the best possible experience to all guests; however, I would like to correct some inaccuracies in your assessment. We do not "cover up" reviews. We respond to all reviews and they are always there for our readers to see. We work very hard to provide a very high level of service and a quality product to all of our guests, but recognize that occasionally we will miss that goal. We do, indeed, have complimentary water at the front desk for all guests. We also provide additional bonus points per stay for every IHG Rewards member in addition to the points earned for the stay. The "luggage cart" that was being used for removal of the furniture was not a guest luggage cart. It was one that had been removed from service and used specifically for in house concerns, package deliveries, etc. We would certainly not expect our guests to share a luggage cart with our renovation crews. The elevator being used for deliveries to guest rooms was specifically set aside, marked and closed down for the renovation work only. Renovations are never neat or inconvenient, but we have taken every precaution to be as unintrusive as possible,. You are correct they must be done in order to remain current as our last renovation was completed just 7 years go and during this renovation, we had the luxury to close down entire sections of the hotel in which the renovations were taking place so there were no guests housed anywhere near the rooms where work was being completed. There are also ice machines and soda vending machines on all floors.

We are dishartened to see that your experience was not what we strive to provide and will use your reivew to address the areas that we can improve upon. Thank you and safe travels!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Our team visited Greenville for weekend games and selected this hotel mainly due to the location. It turned out to be a great decision. The hotel is clean, rooms are spacious, breakfast was good and the staff was very nice. The location is right off the interstate and is within walking distance of several really good restaurants. Usually reviews are based on a single experience. We had a total of 15 rooms and everyone had the same opinion.

The Sales Manager at this location is such a great person to work with. If you have a large group, this is a great place to stay!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your high praise of our hotel and especially our team. We work very hard to make sure that people are what make the difference in every guest's experience. Our sales team is truly the best around and they work hard to make sure that all group requirements and needs are addressed and taken care of. We hope to have you all as our guests again the next time you need group accommodations in Greenville. Thank you, again!
Long Island, New York
Reviewed August 17, 2013

One of the nicest Holiday Inn Express properties we have stayed in. Clean, modern decor, great bathrooms... very friendly and accommodating staff. Express Start breakfast just fine for our needs. Got a great group rate as we were here with our kids' sports team.

• Stayed August 2013
GarisonKaufman, Guest Services Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenville I-85 and Woodruff Road, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear vpk1 - Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review. We greatly appreciate our "kids' sports team" guests. We know how important our breakfast buffet is for young athletes heading out to the field. (As well as modern bathrooms with plenty of towels when they return :-) ) I hope your team met with success. Onward to Victory! - Cheers - Garison R. Kaufman Guest Services Manager
Atlanta
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Hotel is very convenient to the interstate and lots of restaurants and shopping. Parking is very good. Room was very clean and quiet. The breakfast was good and fresh. The staff was competent and friendly, although my key was deactivated after my first night and had to be reactivated. I was allowed to check in a little early at no extra charge which was nice.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Matthew S - Thank you for staying with us. I apologize for the inconvenience of your room key deactivating. I'm glad we were able to accommodate your early arrival. We try hard to make accommodations for early arriving guests. Business travelers who fly in to Greenville in the morning may want to check-in before heading to their meetings. If a room is not available, a guest can always leave their luggage with us and we'll carry it to their room when it is ready. For leisure travelers, there are hundreds of restaurants and shops close by, as well as a 20 screen movie theatre. Cordially, Garison R. Kaufman Guest Services Manager
Auburn, New Hampshire
Reviewed August 5, 2013

this is the second time staying here on Woodruff road, this time being over three wks.
I can't thank the staff all the way to the cleaning ladies and maintenance staff, everyone
is very polite and personable. the morning breakfast layout is outstanding the the ladies
running it are great.
The front desk folks are very friendly and helpful.
Amina, and Garrison have always been very helpful with any needs that I've requested.

Thank you all for making my stay easier.

Timothy Jameson
Eastern Business Forms

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Jameson, Being away from home for weeks at a time can certainly present its own array of challenges. I am very pleased to learn that you were well cared for by our staff. We shared your praises with everyone on our Team at one of our regular (twice-weekly) Team Huddles. Thank you. We look forward to your return to us. Best regards, Garison R. Kaufman Guest Services Manager