“Southern Hospitality!”

Ranked #25 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
vancouver
“Southern Hospitality!”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

If I ever return to Greenville, SC, (and I am sure that I will), I will be staying at the Holiday Inn Express. The hospitality they showed me went above and beyond what I expect from a hotel.

I like to chop up my reviews into easily digestible lists, so here you go:

Liked: Extremely comfortable beds; Nice cold AC; Wonderful smelling shampoo and soap; Very clean room; Nice sized desk; Great breakfast buffet (eggs, biscuits, sausage, bacon, toast, cinnamon rolls, donuts, yogurt, fruit, muffins, bagels, cereal, oatmeal... it was insane); Well decorated (nothing too bright, nothing too dark); Bright clean white linens; Nice towels; Firm / Soft pillows; Easily accessible vending; Absolutely kind front-staff; Good location.

Disliked: (I'm REALLY stretching here for these - not so much dislikes, but I feel like I need some to have a well-balanced review) -- I suppose I was a bit confused as to why the shuttle couldn't get me from the airport at 11PM, but I think it has specific hours that they run it. The only other negative I can think of is that I noticed that while they had those "hang up your towels to be environmentally friendly, drop them on the floor and we'll replace them for you" things. Well, every day I hung up my towels, and every day I'd come back to find EVERYTHING replaced. Even bars of soap that I'd only used once. I can't really fault that as it felt cleaner, but I was trying to be at least a little bit enviro-friendly!

As for folks reporting that the Twin Peaks' Bike Night is very loud -- I was there for a Wednesday night and didn't hear a thing. And usually I am extremely annoyed by loud noises, and easily woken. I went to bed at about 9:30PM and didn't hear anything ... but maybe the Greenville heat knocked my poor Canadian soul out :)

Room Tip: If you're concerned abou the bikes, ask for a room facing out the back.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Jason P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenville I-85 and Woodruff Road, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We are so honored to receive such high praise on everything from our decor to our team members. We work very diligently to constantly get better every day at providing our guests with an experience they can't help but talk about in a positive way! We are happy to see that we succeeded! Our airport shuttle does indeed have specific hours Monday through Friday but we are always willing and ready to coordinate transportation for you after hours. I will speak with the Director of Housekeeping to ensure that housekeepers do support our guests' desires to partner with us on being a little more environmentally friendly. Thank you for wanting to help us in that endeavor. We do, however, refresh partially used bath amenities as a courtesy to you!

Twin Peaks bike night is, indeed, a very large local draw for the summer months, but we have successfully worked together with them to find a solution that allows them to provide the same level of service to their guests as we provide to ours! I am glad to see the impact has been recognized! Thank you again for your review and we hope to wow you again if you're ever in Greenville, SC!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Dingwall, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Very friendly hotel. Clean, comfortable, rooms. Excellent, plentiful breakfasts! Staff always obliging and helpful. Good advice on taxis, carhire and local restaurants readily given. Although near to key routes (I-85, I-385, Woodruff Road), and therefore very strategically situated, surprisingly peaceful and quiet. Highly recommended!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
GarisonKaufman, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenville I-85 and Woodruff Road, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Travelmart24 - Thank you for your compliments. We have many regular guests who do consider our hotel to be their home away from home. It sounds as if our staff are well on their way to adding you to that roster. We look forward to seeing you the next time your travels take you to Greenville. Best regards, Garison R. Kaufman, Guest Services Manager
Greenville,sc
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Best breakfast buffet and the number of customers indicate that it is good. All other hotel brands in Gvl were less attended and with fewer selections. The Marriott Courtyard @ 115 The Parkway had only 6 couples for the breakfast buffet (free). The Marriott Courtyard @Orchard Park was empty @ 8:30 AM. The new Bistro (A La Carte) is really working. The Fairfield (airport) was a little better but did not compare to the HI Xpress. Down the street the expensive coffe house was standing room only with a line of cars at the drive up. Loyal customers really make the difference and brands do pay off.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
GarisonKaufman, Guest Services Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenville I-85 and Woodruff Road, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for being our guest and thank you for praising our breakfast buffet. Breakfast can be a challenge when the hotel is full. But making certain the food is good and that everyone gets the food they want is only a start. We think the main reason our hotel is so popular is because we have great Team Members who make every effort to be certain each of our guests feels special, valued and welcome. It sounds like you saw those efforts in action on your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit Greenville. And again, thank you. - Garison R. Kaufman/ Guest Services Manager
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed June 8, 2013

The previous Holiday Inn we stayed at in Columbia may be fairly new, but it doesn't beat this one for service and friendliest of staff. The minute we walked in the door Tom was there ready to help us find our way around with maps, marking important locations for us and answering all our questions. He even mentioned the hours he would be manning the front desk in case we needed him for anything.

The next morning I walked into the breakfast room to find it well stocked and the staff there ready to help us. While I was eating, Curtis came around asking everyone how they were doing and if everything was okay. I felt like they really wanted to take care of us, and they did.

The beds were comfortable and the room, a junior suite, was nice and big, just like we had in Charleston, SC. If I had to compare the two, thye were both very nice, but this beat it in terms of the nivcest people running it. The only thing I missed was getting my USA Today paper, but there were local papers out for us to read, so I felt like I didn't miss much.

The next time I come to Greenville, I plan to stay at this Holiday Inn Express and Suites just because I felt it gave great value for the money!

Room Tip: You might want to ask for a room on the ground floor. Makes it easier to wake up to the smell of br...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Jason P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenville I-85 and Woodruff Road, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words of praise and for taking the time to let us know about your experience with us. I agree that our team is what sets us apart from our competitors and Tom is, indeed, a wonderful ambassador of the empowered service culture we strive to provide all of our guests. We are glad we were able to create a fan and hopefully a loyal guest and hope we will see you again on your next trip to Greenville, SC!
B'ham
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Nice place. I do agree with one previous reviewer - be aware of the "Twin Peaks Bike Night" on Wednesdays. Thankfully, I was at the back of the hotel, so it was not an issue.

Comfortable bed, quiet room, cold A/C, nice bathroom. The front desk initially put me in a room that backed up to the elevators. Yeah.....no. I could hear them going up and down, loudly. I immediately asked for another room and was moved further down the hall. Good service.

My only true complaint was the painfully slow WiFi, which I tend to see in most hotels now. At night, it is borderline unusable. I wish a technology provider would figure out a way to fix this....

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. I am happy to see that you were able to experience the level of service from our team for which we have become known. I apologize for the inconvenience of having to move rooms but I am happy that our front desk team member was able to rectify the situation immediately. We are working with the management of our neighbor, Twin Peaks, and have been able to create some solutions that will minimize the effects of their Summer event while allowing them to provide the same level of service to their guests as we want to provide to ours. Our Fiber Optic WiFi is outfitted with load monitoring software that manages load and increases/decreases bandwidth based on usage. The goal is to maintain consistent speed regardless of need or load. I have contacted our IT Support company to inform them of your comments to ensure that our system is working as it should. Again, thank you for your comments and we hope to see you on your return to Greenville!
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Guess what night I stayed here??? Just be aware the TWIN PEAKS directly in front of the hotel has bike night on Wednesday night. If you go to sleep before 10pm you will be woken up about every 5 minutes for the bikes peeling out of the parking lot. They did clear out before 11pm, but it was noisy

Hotel was otherwise nice and clean - staff was friendly. But I probably won't stay here again, not a fan of loud bikes.

Room Tip: If it's a Wed night, ask for the backside of the hotel - that might help with the noise.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenville I-85 and Woodruff Road, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear orreo5859,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. I appreciate the compliments on the staff and the level of service provided. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests, However, I would like to apologize for any disturbance you have experienced during your stay. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed April 24, 2013

The room was very clean. The staff was very professional and courteous.The hotel breakfast was good and had a variety of items. The hotel seems a little pricey to me but it is in a good location. There are plenty of resturants and shopping in the area. The managers reception had a good turnout and everyone was friendly. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Stayed on top floor room 414
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate your taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. We are so happy you were able to experience the evening reception we provide every Wednesday from 5:00 pm until 6:30pm. We agree, too, that our breakfast bar and our team members are among the best in the business and really outshine other hotels in this area! Our location is, indeed, one of the most convenient in Greenville very close to shopping and restaurants within walking distance. We hope to have made you a "fan for life" and look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Greenville!