“Great staff - good amenities!”

Holiday Inn Express Greenville I-85 and Woodruff Road
Ranked #23 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Waterford, MI
“Great staff - good amenities!”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

The staff at this hotel were amazing! The gentleman that worked breakfast in the morning made me feel like I was visiting an uncle; very friendly, and darn efficient! Even when a humongous soccer tournament filled the hotel with families over the weekend, they were never out of anything, and it never seemed like they housed the breakfast turnover they did.

Room had been cleaned every day when we got back to the hotel daily, around mid-day (we were in town for Thanksgiving for a week), and was done very nicely.

Enjoyed having two queen beds and a sofa, with a mini-fridge, as well as an indoor pool and free breakfast, with 24-7 coffee.

Only complaint is that it was difficult to control the temperature of our room, seemed to stay around 76 degrees, and got chilly with the air conditioning on overnight.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the back of the hotel for a woodsy view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Jason P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenville I-85 and Woodruff Road, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
We are so honored that you took the time to let our viewers know about your stay with us especially the service during Breakfast. Thank you for your kind words of praise about your experience with Warren. Warren is quite a character and a great ambassador for our mission here. Each week during our Monday and Thursday team meetings we end with reciting our mission statement: "Total Guest Satisfaction." That is our goal and we are glad you were able to execute that despite that large number of soccer players in the hotel that weekend. We always beef up our staffing and our food preparation to ensure the service is the same whether there are 10 or 200 at breakfast. I have relayed the comment about your heating and air conditioning to our maintenance team. We will certainly check to make sure all of our units are in working order. Please come stay with us again if you're ever in the area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Traveled to Greenville SC on company business. Wanted to be near downtown and near to I-85 for ease of driving access. This spot was perfect! Several great restaurants within walking distance and even more just a short drive away. The hotel was very nice (clean, well maintained) and the room was great! Special thanks to staff member Amanda for the quick check-in and the warm welcome. I will definetly stay at this location next time I am in the area !

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank RoadTech32
Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Greenville. You had quite a few options and you chose us. I am glad that you were able to experience we feel we're truly all about. Our team members take pride in making sure that our guests have a memorable experience and Amanda will be so pleased she was able to make an impression on you. We hope that you will return to us on your next trip to Greenville and give us the opportunity to earn you business each and every time you're in town.
Freeland, Michigan
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I am taking over for a gentlemen at our company. We have several accounts in this area that we call on frequently. He always stayed at the same hotels every time he came to the area. I was not too thrilled with past hotels in the area so I decided to look for other Holiday Inn properties. this is when I came across this property on Woodruff. I then decided to try this property out. It was a littel more in price but decided to give it a try. WHAT A BEAUTIFUL PROPERTY. This facility was definitely one of the best HI Express's that I have stayed in and I travel about 60 days out of the year at Holiday Inn's. I only paid about $30.00 more a night but the quality of the property was not comparable to the other HI's in the Greenville area. Beautiful decor inside and out. They also had a corporate appreciation night the night I stayed there so was able to take advantage of some complimentary hot snacks and a few glasses of wine. The rooms was top knotch as well. I would recommend this property to anyone who is traveling to the Greenville area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Doug W
Jason P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenville I-85 and Woodruff Road, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
We are so honored by your compliments and praise of our hotel and your experience with us. Our team will be absolutely thrilled to hear your comments! Our evening reception on Wednesdays is a nice surprise for our guests and we have regular guests who schedule their travel just to be with us on those nights. Our management team enjoys the event as well! We don't like to brag, but we definitely think we're one of the best as well and we are, again, so honored by your comments for our viewers. If there is ever a time that we don't exceed your expectations, please don't hesitate to let me or one of my team members know. Everyone here is empowered to ensure that every guest's stay is excellent....every time!
Lexington, South Carolina
Reviewed November 18, 2012

The good: Check-in was lightning fast and after a several hour car trip with kids, was much appreciated. Even the crib we asked for was ready and waiting. Room was clean and well organized. Pool was clean but heavily chlorinated. Good patio furniture by pool. Breakfast was outstanding! I don't know how the staff managed it but the hotel was full both nights we stayed and the breakfast items were never empty! There was always plenty of everything to feed the massive amount of people trying to eat. Terrific service!

The Not so good: The walls are paper thin. Don't expect to carry on a private conversation in your room unless you are whispering. We could hear every word our neighbors said and can only assume they could hear us. We also would have liked a mini fridge in the room. With a baby, this is almost a necessity but since the hotel was full, there were no suites available and therefore no fridges.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank charlieg71
Thank you for letting our viewers know about your experience. I am happy to see that we were able to make such an impression on your during our breakfast bar hours. We always overstaff our breakfast bar during periods of high occupancy because we believe that guests should experience the same level of service when the breakfast area is full as they do when they're the only ones there!

I am disappointed to hear that we didn't make that same impression at all points in your stay. Our entire building is made of cast concrete and steel so every effort was taken to create privacy from room to room with all walls being almost approximately 9" thick with concrete. Perhaps you were in a room with an adjoining door? If so, we will be happy to place you in a room without an adjoining door on your next trip. Additionally, we have microwaves and refrigerators available for those guests who are occupying our standard rooms. We provide those upon request and will be happy to do so!

We hope you will return to stay with us on your next trip to Greenville, SC
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed October 9, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at this property. We had booked a budget hotel the night before that was smoky, loud, and completely unsuitable. In a panic, I used my Reward Points and booked this hotel right down the road. It was a breath of fresh air when I walked in the door. The front desk staff was friendly, and the hotel was clean and new looking. We had a spacious room on the first floor with a microwave and refrigerator. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was clean and updated. We enjoyed a fresh, hot breakfast in the morning. This hotel has lots of shopping and restaurants right around it. I was so happy we moved hotels and would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor on the end. There was a entrance to the hotel from the parking lot whi...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
We are so grateful that you were able to find us and that we were able to exceed your expectations after your bad experience. Our team is dedicated to making sure that every guests experience is as pleasant and memorable as yours. We're glad we've made fan out of you and hope to see you the next time you come to Greenville! Our team will be excited to hear that we were able to turn what could have been a bad experience into such a memorable one!
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed at your hotel this past weekend after the Clemson game and had a wonderful time. The hotel was very nicely decorated, up to date, clean, very comfortable bed, and the oversized room was perfect. The staff was always friendly and ready to answer any of your questions. You are centrally located to all the major interstates and restaurants. We will definetely stay with us you again during our next visit to the area. Keep Up the Great Work.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Jason P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenville I-85 and Woodruff Road, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let everyone know about your stay at our Greenville hotel. We are so glad that you chose to stay with us on your Clemson Game weekend, but even happier that you were able to experience we are truly all about. We use our Trip Advisor feedback to praise our team, improve and get better at what we do. Your review will be shared with our team during our Monday morning team huddle. We think we are the best kept, affordable secret for Football fans traveling to see the Tigers play--only 30 minutes from downtown, with the added benefit of beautiful, vibrant downtown Greenville after the game! Please do come and stay with us again! Go Tigers!!
Fort Mill, South Carolina
Reviewed September 13, 2012

My friends and I had the pleasure of staying at your property for our 3rd Annual - Clemson Couples Football Weekend on Sept 8th and we had a blast! I want to give special thanks to Amanda and Randy for handling a reservation issue we had promptly and professionally! They both made sure our weekend didn't skip a beat by taking care of us. The hote was clean, everyone was friendly, and breakfast was great! Being an AGM myself, I know what it takes to deliver a great guest experience and I will say......you delivered! We will definitely return. Go Tigers!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
We are so glad that you were able to stay with us on your Football weekend. I am especially glad to see that Amanda and Randy were able to address your situation professionally and quickly. I agree, too, they're great! I am also glad to see you were able to enjoy our breakfast bar. We work hard to make our breakfast bar a positive memorable experience. Our team really puts a lot of effort into making sure all of our guests have an excellent experience and our housekeepers do an excellent job at ensuring that our rooms are crisp, clean and pristine. We hope you'll come back to see us the next time your in town for a Football weekend. We are an excellent and more affordable option for those game weekends. We're only 30 minutes from Clemson and 15 from Furman with the extra option of being able to enjoy fabulous Downtown Greenville at night after the game! Thank you again for your comments!