“Wonderful Hotel!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #24 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Charleston, South Carolina
“Wonderful Hotel!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed at your hotel this past weekend after the Clemson game and had a wonderful time. The hotel was very nicely decorated, up to date, clean, very comfortable bed, and the oversized room was perfect. The staff was always friendly and ready to answer any of your questions. You are centrally located to all the major interstates and restaurants. We will definetely stay with us you again during our next visit to the area. Keep Up the Great Work.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jason P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenville I-85 and Woodruff Road, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let everyone know about your stay at our Greenville hotel. We are so glad that you chose to stay with us on your Clemson Game weekend, but even happier that you were able to experience we are truly all about. We use our Trip Advisor feedback to praise our team, improve and get better at what we do. Your review will be shared with our team during our Monday morning team huddle. We think we are the best kept, affordable secret for Football fans traveling to see the Tigers play--only 30 minutes from downtown, with the added benefit of beautiful, vibrant downtown Greenville after the game! Please do come and stay with us again! Go Tigers!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Fort Mill, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

My friends and I had the pleasure of staying at your property for our 3rd Annual - Clemson Couples Football Weekend on Sept 8th and we had a blast! I want to give special thanks to Amanda and Randy for handling a reservation issue we had promptly and professionally! They both made sure our weekend didn't skip a beat by taking care of us. The hote was clean, everyone was friendly, and breakfast was great! Being an AGM myself, I know what it takes to deliver a great guest experience and I will say......you delivered! We will definitely return. Go Tigers!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are so glad that you were able to stay with us on your Football weekend. I am especially glad to see that Amanda and Randy were able to address your situation professionally and quickly. I agree, too, they're great! I am also glad to see you were able to enjoy our breakfast bar. We work hard to make our breakfast bar a positive memorable experience. Our team really puts a lot of effort into making sure all of our guests have an excellent experience and our housekeepers do an excellent job at ensuring that our rooms are crisp, clean and pristine. We hope you'll come back to see us the next time your in town for a Football weekend. We are an excellent and more affordable option for those game weekends. We're only 30 minutes from Clemson and 15 from Furman with the extra option of being able to enjoy fabulous Downtown Greenville at night after the game! Thank you again for your comments!
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed labor day weekend with toddler and husband. Had a great time. Check-in was great. Got the king executive suite and it was really spacious and nice. Had mini fridge and microwave. Pullout sofa and small table. It has everything with-in minutes of the property for eating and shopping. you can even walk to a few places if you choose. Twin Peaks is in front of the hotel. Very close to downtown and easy to get to. Breakfast was great with pancakes, sausage, bacon, and the list kept going. Very impressed with that. The place was really clean and everyone was nice. Hope to come back to greenville soon.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Greetings from Greenville, SC! We appreciate your praise regarding our breakfast bar and the offerings we provide. Our goal is to create a breakfast experience so our guests feel they don't need to leave the hotel for a tasty, satisfying breakfast with plenty of options for everyone. We always provide additional staffing during busy periods so food stays fresh, full and as always....free! I am glad you were able to stay in one of our larger suites. It provides the extra room needed for families traveling with children. We will be sure to share your praise with our team. Please do come and stay with us again on your next trip to Greenville. We'll look forward to seeing you again!
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

Stayed here for one night on way through to NC. This hotel is in a great location. Right off the highway. Down the street from Trader Joe's and Costco, and within walking distance to Gattitown. So great to be able to walk over for pizza for dinner. Room was fine and clean, staff helpful.
Breakfast, however, is another story. I am rather picky about food, but will settle for a bowl of cheerios. They only had a few options of generic cereal, and I have to say one bite was all I could handle. My mother was traveling with me, she is not a picky eater. However, she only had a few bites of a muffin and biscuit and gravy before throwing them away. Thankfully we were near Trader Joe's and just went there and grabbed breakfast.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience with our hotel. We appreciate your compliments on our hotel location and our team here. I am disappointed to hear that you did not have the experience that we strive for at our breakfast bar. We understand that breakfast is a very individualized thing and we all have our specific tastes in what we enjoy or don't enjoy for breakfast. We work very diligently to ensure that there is something for everyone at breakfast within the allowances of our brand standards. The Holiday Inn Express brand offers a free hot breakfast that is, for the most part, congruent from hotel to hotel with only very small variations based on local tastes. I am sorry we were unable to meet your expectations and taste preferences. The cereal options and brands are mandated by the Holiday Inn Express brand and we do exceed the brand standards on those offerings. I am sorry that your mother was unable to finish her muffin and her biscuit and gravy. I might suggest trying one of our new fresh made pancakes on your next visit. We do hope that you would consider returning to us on your next visit to Greenville!
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

Stayed here on a business trip. Very clean and friendly hotel. Two nice places to eat within a very short walk. Good breakfast and friendly staff. Only wished they had all rooms being non smoking. I did get a non smoking room but wonder when they will eliminate any smoking rooms as most hotels are doing

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Jason P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenville I-85 and Woodruff Road, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. We are glad to know that you were able to experience our breakfast and that our team took care of you! We do have 18 smoking rooms out of 155 total rooms since we have two companies with whom we do regular, on-going business that have quite a few associates who smoke. We reduced the number of smoking rooms several years ago, but maintained a few to accommodate those guests as they have been loyal clients for many years. Many of our direct competitors still maintain a small number of smoking rooms so we wanted to remain competitive in a highly competitve market. We do give extra care and attention to those rooms to ensure that the lingering smoke residue does not overwhelm. We hope that you will stay with us again on your next trip to Greenville!
Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

Nice spacious room and big breakfast. Covers on bed were weird like most hotels these days. We asked for a fan and the desk said they had none. We did not try the pool or exercise.

Nothing fancy but a good stay for the money. Lots of food and coffee, etc on Woodruff road.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We are glad to see that you feel you received good value during your stay with us. Our beds do have triple sheeting and a duvet with all components laundered each day to dispel the "bedspread horror." Based on your request and comments, we will make sure that we have a fan(s) available for those guests who might request one. We enjoy getting this type of feedback as it allows us to know the various and sundry things our guests might ask for. When possible, we will purchase these items and hold them for just such requests. Thank you for the feedback and we do hope to see you again on your next trip to Greenville, and we will have a fan for you should you need one!
Summerside, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

I booked this Hotel for a large group of golfers and was delighted with the property,great rooms, beautiul pool ,very good continental breakfast,and most important wonderful staff, always a smile and an hello. I have booked this hotel again as I consider it to be the best in the area, set back off the road which makes it a nice quiet area to stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jason P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenville I-85 and Woodruff Road, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience with us. We are so honored to receive your kind words and your praise. Our team is always so happy to hear that they've turned a guest into a fan! That is always our goal. We enjoyed having your group with us and we are looking forward to your next visit. Please know that your comments will be shared with everyone during our next weekly team huddle.