“IF YOU DON'T LIKE SUSHI”
Review of Sushi Go

Sushi Go
Reserve with OpenTable
Sushi Go is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #61 of 927 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: College St.
Description: Traditional Sushi in downtown Greenville with a fresh modern approach.
Whittlesea, South Africa
“IF YOU DON'T LIKE SUSHI”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

That pretty much sums up my attitude going in the front door of Sushi Koji. A more accurate description would be "don't know sushi but ain't gonna eat raw fish." Haha. The amazing chefs behind the sushi bar did not take long ruining one of my last favorite food prejudices. We loved the recommended sushi selections and ate raw fish. WOW! Not only could we do that again; we DID that again! Back to Sushi Kiji on our second visit to downtown Greenville from Africa. I still don't have a clue what they were talking about back there but they put on a show and dished out some amazing choices. Yes, we'll go back to downtown Greenville and we'll go back to Sushi Kiji even if we don't like sushi and have no plans to eat raw fish!!! An amazing lesson in Japanese cuisine and really big show.

• Visited November 2012

Lexington, South Carolina
“Dinner”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Great service and friendly atomosphere. Sushi was very good and fresh. Great location with many other activities nearby.

Visited February 2013
Greenville, SC
“Not your average sushi”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I went to this restaurant with a group of friends and quite honestly was not looking forward to eating here because I just don't find sushi that appealing anymore. Back in the day, Irashai was the place to go for sushi and it was very trendy and actually quite good. Then several other sushi restaurants became popular, such as Tsunami. However, I just find that sushi at any of those places has become average and I would never go out of my way to eat it. Blue Fire had reallly good sushi but they closed down.

So anyway, I loved the atmosphere in Sushi Koji. There is a small bar at the entrance with a flat screen tv. The decor is done very well. The old, exposed brick gives it an old meets new look. We were greeted immediately and had a drink at the bar while we waited on everyone in our party to arrive.

Our server, Kevin, did a great job. He was very nice, helpful and worked hard to keep everyone happy throughout the night.

I must say, the sushi was incredible. I don't recall the names of all of the rolls we tried but we definitely had the New Jazz and the Volcano. Not only did it taste phenomenal but it was also visually very appealing. The fried oysters appetizer was pretty good but I prefer a little less breading. The miso soup was very tasty.

Overall, this was a fantastic experience and I am so glad that my friends chose this restaurant. I will definitely go back and put this on my short list of places to eat in Greenville. Bravo!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Hampton86
Simpsonville, South Carolina
“Picky Sushi Eater says EAT HERE!!!”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Sushi Koji was a real treat. Everything we tried was delicious, and fresh, with pleasing presentation. Great drinks, superb service. Definitely a keeper.

• Visited January 2013
Greenville, South Carolina
“Quality food in a simple atmosphere”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

This is not a restaurant that makes too many gestures to Western tastes, and to see the number of Asian customers is reassuring. The sushi and sashimi are always consistent and the kitchen meals are above average. One of our favorite places.

• Visited November 2012