“Nice place to stay with a good breakfast.”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #36 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed May 5, 2013

A nice place to star with a good breakfast. Stayed here about 6 times over a year. Always pleasant staff. Always clean rooms. Fairly quiet on the upper levels. Would stay here again. Only bad thing is that it is pricey during speciall events.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Paid a little more than Days Inn but rooms where nicer, modern and breakfast was more than expected. Sausage gravy, and a good selection of fruit. good deal. would stay there again when i return.
wished they had outward doors on bottom floor.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 9, 2013

motel is older but kept clean. staff is friendly. other guest (spanish speaking) were very loud about 2 am in parking lot and hallways. noise lasted about an hour. not sure if night manager stopped the partying or just died out. breakfast was good. would be hard pressed to stay here again

Room Tip: maybe weekdays are better that "party" weekends
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Stayed here in 2011 and decided to try it again. The staff was ok. The room was a comfortable size and temperature. Bathroom was clean. No bugs. Breakfast ok. However, some things still had not changed, even though we had a different room..desk chair still had stains, chair w/ottoman stained, and carpet stained. We went out for a bit and the housekeeper didnt have the room cleaned, so we just told her don't worry about it. She gave us extra towels and washcloths. There was quite a bit of noise(running) above us. And the icing on the cake for me, was seeing a dog come out of one of the rooms. I didnt know pets were allowed. I like animals, but not where I have to eat and sleep. I will say, however, the dog was quiet, because I would have never known he was there if I hadn't seen him(he was quieter than the neighbors above us). Beds not as comfortable, but my preference is a firmer mattress. Overall, I would stay again. It's convenient to everything. Good value for what you get!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 31, 2013

nice overall, good spacious room, though would have preferred a king bed, which was not offered, had trouble using coupon, mgr tried to upgrade us and didn't get quite what we wanted but it was do-able, had nice kitchen space, bathroom ok except hot water was limited, would like to see plumbing issues resolved...other than that, good room service, and comfortable....

Room Tip: room near dealership side more convenient for parking and unloading, 2nd floor
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank HHLovestotravel
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I booked a room for three of our technicians for one night on Friday, November 16. They all took an examination the following day and had to be at the testing site by 8:30 a.m., which they were. The confirmation that was received indicated one night for a total estimated charge of $78.10, the same amount that was quoted at checkin and at checkout the following morning upon leaving the hotel.

It was discovered that the hotel had charged the credit card for two nights' accommodations. When the hotel was called directly, the "manager" stated that the reservation had been for two nights. This was disputed and he was told that we had a confirmation showing one night's stay. His response was "dispute it with your credit card company--you won't have to pay it that way". Not satisfied with that, we called corporate customer service and talked with Heather, who said the system showed a reservations for two nights' stay. She asked that we email her the confirmation, which we did. After not hearing from her, we called again and spoke with Eric, who said he didn't know why she told us that because although the reservation was for one night they didn't leave the hotel until after checkout and was charged an additional night. We again disputed that story. We were told that the hotel was a franchise and Choice hotels cannot make any corrections--we had to depend on the manager. We called a third time and spoke with "a supervisor"--Dan, who said he would check on it and get back to us. We are still waiting to having someone address the issue. Sounds like a common practice of over or double charging.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank NCLouise
Ben D, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Dear NC Traveler,
I have tried to contact you directly, but I have had no success. I have tried to reach you to tell this review is not for our hotel. I am sorry you had such a bad experience here in Greenville, but maybe if you stayed at our property it would have been different. After much research and trying to contact you to inform you that you have the wrong property I am having to post it this way. There is no one employed here, past or present named Eric or Dan. In addition would we ever tell you to, "dispute it with your credit card company--you won't have to pay it that way". That’s not good for either of us. From what you described it wasn’t a good trip, so we hope you choose us next time and not whichever property you mistook us for.
Kindest Regards
Ben Duke

Reviewed December 18, 2012

I live in Columbia while my fiance' lives and works in Greenville. He works directly across the street from the hotel at Jeff Lynch. I was coming into town on a Saturday evening/night for the company Christmas party. Since he was working all day on Friday (the day before I planned to arrive) he asked that I book the hotel under his name. I did that. After I booked the room I called the hotel to ask them if I could check in under his name. I explained that he worked directly across the street and wouldn't be getting off of work until about six and the party was at 7 so I needed to get ready. Without any hesitation, the man on the phone said, "Yes that is perfectly fine, just make sure you have your ID with you." So Saturday I stopped across the street and picked up my fiance's debit card from work in case I needed it. I went in, gave the man at the desk his name, and explained that I had called the day before and was told I could check in under his name. He laughed. Apparently he looked up the booked room information on the computer and proceeded to tell me that I could not check in under someone else's name. I explained VERY politely that I understood that but I had called the day before and was told it would be fine. I also explained the voice of the man I had spoken to on the phone as I did not get a name.He said something along the lines of "Well I don't care it doens't matter since you didn't talk to me." I also explained that my fiance' worked across the street and would be over after he got off. So, the man at the front desk told me that he needed to call my fiance'. I explained that he could not do that because he would get penalized at work for being on the phone at a customer's house. So instead I attempted to call him because I knew he would not answer if he was at a customer's house. I could not get him on the phone. The man at the front ignored my warning and picked up the phone and called him anyway. He explained that I was not allowed to check in. That's when I got upset. In a VERY rude and threatening tone, he told my fiance' that if he wasn't at the hotel by five then we would be kicked out. I was very thankful that he allowed me to get the room key anyway but he kept reminding me that if my fiance' was not there by a certain time "Everyone in the room and all of their stuff would be kicked out with no hesitation." I wish I could express the tone he used but unfortunately I cannot. I was very polite to him and he was rude to me. Everything ended up well as my fiance' made it there in time but I will not be staying there again because of the rude staff. I would recommend calling ahead of time and evaluating the kindness of the staff. The room we got as fine. The bathroom could have used some deep cleaning but otherwise, no complaints about that.

Room Tip: Do not get a room beside the elevators and stairs, you will hear everyone all night long.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple