“Best food in Greenville”
Review of Schwaben House

Schwaben House
Ranked #6 of 958 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I love this hidden gem. We are so excited that they will be moving to Lauren's Road because it is much closer for us. If you haven't tried it yet you are missing out on authentic German food.

2  Thank Wavechick411

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Schwaben House is located out of the downtown area on Pelham Rd. It is in a strip mall. The trip is worth it. There are many dishes from the Swabia area in southern Germany. They have many unusual dishes and a few of the familiar. They have a bar. The meals we have had there have all been excellent. Many of the servers we've had were originally from Germany so that adds a nice flair. A couple of years ago they redecorated the place to provide a nicer atmosphere. I doubt you will be disappointed.

2  Thank hdj1942
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Enjoyed a wonderful dinner with business associate the other night. The staff was attentive, knowledable and friendly. The restaurant is well decorated by one of the owners, she could be an interior designer. I had beef carpaccio that was fabulous. Then a nice salad and a pork tenderlion dish with cheese spaetzle, just wonderful.

Run, don't walk to this hidden gem.

2  Thank Paul L
Reviewed November 16, 2013

A friend suggested dinner here and I wasn't too sure about it. I had never heard about this place. What a hidden delight! We made a reservation and when we got there our table was ready in just a few minutes. I wasn't sure what to expect but the staff was very nice and friendly. The atmosphere was cozy and welcoming.

They had a special on Carpaccio for an appetizer and we had to try it. It was so fresh and tender, best I have ever had. For soup I had the beef broth with Maultaschen, they are these little stuffed
ravioli dumpling, and it was a lovely new experience for my tastebuds. For the main course I had the Crispy Chicken with herbs and rosemary potatoes with a salad. The chicken portion was so big I couldn't finish it myself. It was moist and tender and served with this brown gravy that finished the dish to perfection.

The salad was different but very tasty. It was a combination of German cucumber salad, Carrot salad, Sauerkraut, and Green bean salad then topped with a fresh spring green mix and drizzled with a tangy vinaigrette.

To finish the meal we had to try the German Cheesecake. The slice of cake was big enough for us to split it three ways so everyone got to enjoy it. It was served with homemade whipped cream and a mandarin slice. Better than a New York cheese cake, it was light and fluffy and with a cup of some of the best coffee I have ever drank, it was the perfect ending to the perfect meal. I can't wait to go back again to try some of the other interesting dishes on their menu.

Thanks Schwaben House for a great evening and I will see you again soon!

4  Thank Marci B
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

We loved the food, atmosphere, and service. The staff is helpful and attentive. The food is authentic, inventive, and delicious. I'm sad we don't live here because I would totally come back. It's a small local business, so if you're a SC native, go out and try it.

2  Thank Stephanie P