TripAdvisor

Cuisines: Belgian, Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

On my first night in Greenville, I was looking for a laid back restaurant to have something more than a sandwich. This cool place was around the corner from my hotel. I am not a beer drinker but they had lots of different beers on the board. I sat at the bar and asked for some recommendations on hard cider and the bartender explained the tastes of the options and the one I chose was very light, fruity and hit the spot.

I had a small salad and the mussels and frites. There are several different types of broths and combos you can order of the mussels....I ordered the bleu cheese, white ale, bacon and mustard sauce/broth. Sounds strange but was delicious. The frites came with 3 dipping sauces of your choice. Was an excellent meal and great atmosphere. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (738)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Love the menu and unique dishes served here. Great Belgium atmosphere. The beers and drinks are equally fun to try. We will be back, and bring more friends This is a hidden gem of a Greenville ♥️

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Service, food, and beer selections are overall very good. We enjoyed some fine appetizers like baked brie with fruit compote and a very delicious duck entree which can be a difficult restaurant production. Service was friendly and helpful when ordering food and beverages--we tried some new and different beers. We are always critical of our dining experiences and the Trappe Door is one destination we would like to experience again.

Reviewed September 6, 2019

To be fair, we did not eat or drink here, so the comments are about the atmosphere. Down a flight of stairs, dark inside. The menu did not offer anything appealing to us on that particular night. The food seemed heavy and expensive.

Reviewed September 2, 2019 via mobile

Love this place! It is definitely one of our favorite places to eat. Good food, drinks, and staff. If you’re wondering.....do it!

Date of visit: August 2019