“Great beer!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Greenville, South Carolina
“Great beer!”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This place is for the serious beer connoisseur. I have been there twice and tried several beers on tap and they are excellent. Don't look for Budweiser or Miller Lite - they don't have it. I've also tried some different appetizers and those are good too. However, the beer is expensive.

Pickens, South Carolina
“Always Terrific”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My friends and I went to the Trappe Door for lunch. Among the three of us, we ordered the beet salad, the duck spring rolls, and the crepe of the day. Each of us was very pleased with the price, freshness and taste of our lunches. One of us ordered a draft beer and found it to be quite good. I've been to the Trappe Door several times, both at lunch and dinnertime, and I've never been when I didn't have good service and fine food. Greenville is lucky to have it there!

Greenville, South Carolina, United States
“There is no trap!”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My expectations were not met! I was expecting a trap door to exist somewhere in there, however after hours and hours of scouring the place, I was not able to find it. I was hoping to get rid of my date (wife) through this method, but had to listen to her talk instead. Big disappointment there! I had to cancel my other plans! However, food and beverages were amazing! Excellent beer selection, especially the exquisite high gravity beers which made my wife look not ugly again. Knowing there is no actual trap door, I would still return. Very knowledgeable bartender, except for not being able to confirm the existence of the trap.

2 Thank Thomas E
Greer, South Carolina
“Even if you don't think you like duck - you will”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Had another amazing meal at The Trappe Door - OMG!! The mushroom vol au vant melts in your mouth! The warm brussel sprout salad was tasty! The sauteed duck breast in the cherry beer sauce was out of this world! I can't say enough about the fries also. They are to die for!! Sean....our server ....was a delight! You must visit here people!! What more can I say??

Daytona Beach, Florida
“Hard to find but worth it.”
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

I heard about it from daughter who attends college nearby. A little skeptical at first but that changed quickly. It is below street level but very interesting. The decor keeps your eyes wandering. Incredible Belgian beer selection. Our very knowledgeable waiter guided my wife and I to some good brews. They seem to specialize in mussels and fries and they do them both very well. I had given up fries 8 months ago but after my wife and daughter raved about them I caved. The dipping sauce selection is amazing. No Heinze ketchup here! I will be back.