“One trap door you want to take”
Review of The Trappe door

The Trappe door
Ranked #4 of 934 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: Belgian, Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 19, 2013

This place looked like a hole in the wall and was on the basement level, but they have a great selection of beer and creative sandwiches. I had and highly recommend the meatloaf sandwich. The server was not very friendly, but the food made up for it. Many different dipping selections for your fries too. Whatever you do...don't go on Mondays (as they are closed). Made that mistake once.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

This is such a hidden jewel in Greenville. The menu is outstanding. If you're a lover of mussels then you can't go through life without visiting this place. They have mussels served a variety of ways...my favorite being the kind with blue cheese and bacon...amazing. They also serve fries and allow you to choose 3 of about 8 or 9 dipping sauces...my favorite is truffle. This is a great spot for lunch or dinner...business meeting or a date.The atmosphere is cool and relaxed. The servers are laid back yet very attentive. The vegetable crepe is also one of my favorites. I should go here more often...give it a try, you won't be disappointed :)

Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

First time in Greenville. Found Trappe Door through an online guide other than tripadvisor.
Good stuff, I enjoyed it. Interesting food (and I'm European), good beer (and I'm of German origin so I like my beers ...).
Really good.
I went for lunch - I bet in the evening it's a great hang-out.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

What a great way to cap off a great week end. Family, friends and then this hidden gem! Our first time to downtown Greenville, SC. The atmosphere is great...Sean explained the beer selection. Found something my wife and I both totally enjoyed. The food was wonderful...we wanted to stay another. Night just to hang and enjoy.

The Trappe Door is a must stop, eat, drink and enjoy! We will be be back. I highly recommend it!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

We stopped by for a good Belgium brew & hopefully frites and such. The menu did not disappoint, they covered everything from a variety of moules (mussels) to good ol' burgers. We ordered the Croque Madame - open faced grilled cheese with ham and frites. The frites came with a choice of 3 sauces & did not disappoint as they were double fried and crisp with mayonnaise based sauces. The Brugge Zot was poured with the time it needed to settle, served in the proper glass. Our server, Michelle, was pleasant and familiar with Belgian beers and food. Good job on the part of the cooking staff as well. The decor was a nice dark pub atmosphere but we would have loved to do the European thing and dine outside on such a sunny, pleasant day. The attention to detail included the bathroom with carefully cut strips from Tin Tin books.