“lovely meal”

Cuisines: Belgian, Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 3, 2013

loved our dinner at the trappe door. Good service, food and ambience. Tried their blue crab fondu, mussells, french fries with various dips,Waterzooi, creme brulee, Overall a lovely meal, enjoyed the lively ambiance. Attentive service. would love to go there again.

There are newer reviews for The Trappe door

Reviewed January 1, 2013

My wife and I took our daughter who was in town for Christmas, to the Trappe Door a couple of days ago. They each had muscle dishes with french fries, and I picked a home made sausage with mashed potatoes. We all enjoyed our food. I tasted daughter's muscles and they were delicious. The french fries are served with four flavored mayonnaises, your choice from about eight. When I think of mayonnaise and fries I think of the Netherlands.

They had a huge selection of beers I have never heard of. I assume they were all Belgian. I picked a bottle of Piraat which was very good, and had more foam than I have ever seen in a pale ale. I required an extra napkin after trying to pour it in a glass. Wife picked a flavored beer which see liked.

It can be hard to hear one another. It is located in a basement with no windows, i.e. brick walls, hard floor, and exposed beam ceiling. All those hard surfaces mean lots of background noise.

The place was full (Friday night), but we had good service and did not have to wait long to be served food or drinks. We all enjoyed ourselves and our supper.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

The Trappe Door is well-rated. Our meal was a disaster.

Completely overwhelmed by customers, the bar could not get drinks out to the tables - so my pre-dinner drink never arrived.

The waitress, kind and cheerful, completely ignored us.

The food was fair to middling. Tomato soup was good, the charcuterie board a total rip-off, with four tiny paper-thin slices of an unidentified dried meat. Burgers were dry over-cooked failures, and mussels were perfectly cooked in a tasteless broth.

Avoid at all costs!!!

1  Thank WoodstockEd
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We ate a late night dinner at The Trappe Door and were enchanted by the decor and atmosphere. The waitress was very friendly and attentive. My husband had a blue cheese mussel dish, which he enjoyed. I had a sausage which was delicious, but I wished the portion was a bit bigger. It was a nice night out.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Best restaurant in Greenville, SC. Great atmosphere, great menu, great food, great bar. Never had a bad meal or experience at this place. I highly recommend it for great food and fun. Really cool bar, great wines, great beers. It's the only restaurant in downtown that I will go to now.