“Simply fantastic!”

Cuisines: Belgian, Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I have dined here for lunch and dinner multiple times and have never been disappointed. The servers are very knowledgeable of the menu and very capable of pairing the appropriate beer with your dish. The food, drink and atmosphere are Belgian inspired and hit the mark perfectly. Kudos to Josh, Alan and crew for creating a true Belgian experience in the heart of the South!!

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Yum, for both the food and the beer offered at the Trappe Door. This Belgian inspired restaurant is cozy and the service was wonderful. My wife and I stopped here for lunch and had a wonderful meal. The menu was short, but very varied. My wife opted for a traditional carbonnade and I went with their Achel burger (brie and apples on a burger). Both our meals came with fries and our choice of 3 flavored mayonnaises. The fries were not quite on the same level as the ones in Belgium, but the mayo more than made up for it.

The beer menu was really extensive. Our server, Jenna, suggested that my wife, who is just developing her beer palette, try a St. Martin's Brune. I chose the Orval trappiste ale. Both complimented our meals wonderfully.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

This hidden gem is worth seeking. You go downstairs to a basment and you will swear you've just died and gone to Liege. Good food, some more creative than others. Me, I just had pommes frite and beer, glorious beer. This place is not where you go to get your Bud on. The beers are American craft and Belgian. They are served in the proper glass and proper temp. The service was friendly and for beer neophytes more than willing to assist. This is a nice bar, a little higher end. If I lived in Greensboro, my money would go here instead of my 401(k).

1  Thank Eric P
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Went to the Trappe Door on July 6th for lunch. It was blazing hot and stupid humid; this cool dark oasis was perfect. We live in Dallas and were in Greenville for a wedding. My wife and I were with our 25 year old daughter. This place was recommended by a local and did not disappoint!

The food was excellent. I had a bowl of mussels swimming in a wine/blue cheese broth. My daughter had what she called "The best burger of her life".

Jenna was our server and did a perfect job of recommending both beer and food. I'd give her service six stars if I were able.

1  Thank MudpuppyDallas_Tx
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Cozy place with intimate ambiance. Very good selection of high gravity Belgian beers. Food is pretty good, with unusual selections unless you have traveled to Belgium.