“excellent food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Wonderful experience, great service and wonderful food. Friendly atmosphere. Would always recommend having gone many, many times....

Reviewed February 2, 2012

I travel to Greenville a few times a year and am always looking for local restaurants to try. Illiano's was recommended by a co-worker who lives in the area who had recently discovered it. The place is a hidden gem, tucked in a small strip mall down the street from hotels, chain restaurants and a nearby mall. The owners are recent transports from Italy and were very gracious.
I took my food to go as I had work waiting for me at the hotel room. The menu was typical Italian fare; pastas, pizzas, chicken, veal and seafood dishes. I selected the Chicken Sorrento which was quite good, however I was a little disappointed to see they used domestic ham rather than a prosciutto. The salad and bread that came with the meal were simple and tasty. and the tiramisu was as good as any I had in Rome on a recent vacation.
I will definitely return to Illiano's on future trips to Greenville, but I will make sure I get plastic utensils with my meal to go next time ;)

Reviewed October 21, 2011

Located off busy byways Illianos restaurant and pizza house is reminiscent of an old time neighborhood place including red tableclothes, black and white tiled floor, a menu of all time favorite dishes, and a selection of Italian wines. Portions are good sized, the sauce very flavorful, and the prices are reasonable. Our server was very pleasant and alert. As we are here for only a day we feel that this was a real find.

Reviewed September 3, 2011

I visit Greenville 3 times a year from Colorado, and my first stop is Illianos. The best!

Reviewed June 29, 2011

This was one of those "I was only driving by" when I saw Illiano's and being lunchtime and hungry I decided to give it a try. Am I GLAD that I did. This is owned by the nephew of Tito (of Tito's Pizza). I ordered the Chicken Vesuvio and a Chef Salad. That was truly too much for me to eat.
Chicken Vesuvio - the chicken was tender and succulent and -very- flavorful. The penne was just a bit beyond al dente. The sauce - let me tell you - if this isn't homemade sauce, then my tastebuds died. The sauce is not some pureed red soup - but it is chunks of tomato, chunks of garlic, chunks of onion, etc. This sauce so reminds me of my grandmother's sauce, I would come back JUST for a bowl of marinara.
Chef Salad - it was a simple salad made with various Italian cold cuts, cheese, olives, and peppers.
I =will= be going back for dinner very soon and will add a review for that. Just based on the one lunch, I'm already predicting this restaurant could easily move up into my top three Italian restaurants.

4  Thank Dallas-0-Dallas

Been to Illianos Italian Restaurant? Share your experiences!