“Best Breakfast downtown”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Gastropub, Soups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Coffee and E. North
Transit: The Main Street Trolley runs right past the restaurant.
Description: The Green Room was opened to satisfy those who would like to go for out for a great evening that will include all of the following attributes, Exquisitely Created Menu Items (everything is made from scratch inside The Green Room), Fine Dining Service, Casual Intimate Atmosphere, and Expertly made drinks from Experienced Bartenders. When you join us @ The Green Room we want you to be able to come not for just a meal, but your evening!
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We like to go downtown Greenville for a walk on weekend mornings and we have eaten breakfast at The Green Room several times. Clearly the best I've had in the area. Their omletes and grits are the best. I just have never tasted such rich, creamy grits, so I asked the waitress what the chef puts in them. I should have not asked, since I was on a diet, but anyone who want a bowl of heavenly grits, should try their variety. Think Cream, Butter.. etc. Love it !

PS: if you can reserve the tables in the front windows, wonderful way to people watch why you are enjoying your meal.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I ate at this restaurant on a busy Saturday afternoon in September and it was fabulous. I ordered the Shrimp Po' Boy and the parmesan fries. The service was amazing and the waiter was not only attentive but he was fun and knowledgeable. After that meal, I craved it until I was back in Greenville. I raved over this place to my daughter and her fiance. The second time around, it was awful. It took almost 25 min for our food to arrive. I really believe they left our food to cook too long in that time. I ordered sweet tea and got unsweetened. I ordered parmesan fries and they brought out sweet potato fries. The po' boy was dry, the breading on the shrimp was on the verge of being considered burned, the tomato was mushy and there was hardly any sauce on the sandwich at all. One crummy piece of lettuce. It was not the experience I had the first time and our waitress was not only hard to find but she had really bad breath. I was so disappointed. I will not go back again. $55 for a meal that was crummy. So so disappointed. Green Room, you need to be consistently great.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

My wife and I discovered The Green Room on our first visit to Greenville. All we can say is "Perfect'. In fact we enjoyed our meal so much that we came back the last night of our visit. My wife had their shrimp dish and I had the Scallops both were so well prepared. Staff was attentive but not overly and just pleasant. Prices were reasonable for what we felt was a more upscale restaurant. The bar is a big part of their space and they do seem to get a nice bar crowd. Note that if you want to sit outside you will have to limit your drinks to beer and wine which for us was no problem. We now live in Greenville, just moved here this month from Colorado and we can't wait to go there for dinner this weekend!

Reviewed November 12, 2013

The Mrs and I had lunch Sunday on the sidewalk at The Green Room. We got there at 11:45 and were told nothing was available inside until 2:00. Luckily, a sidewalk table was available because it is November, but it was pleasant and actually warm in the sunshine. I had the fish sandwich with the Parmesan truffle fries and the Mrs had the roasted artichoke/moz cheese appetizer and a house salad with Chipotle Ranch dressing. The fish sandwich was very good, nice thick piece of fish with crispy batter and the bread was soft enough so that the fish was not destroyed when you took a bite. The Parm/truffle fries were good, but I didn't notice any truffle oil (the Mrs said she could taste it). Her artichoke app was great and the salad good and the dressing really good. Service was good when it was there and was a bit slow. Overall, very good.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

I visited the S&S the 2nd week in October and found the food to be really good. I just love their Lemonade Chicken which is tender and juicy. This buffet type where you are serve as you enter, the staff is friendly and ready to serve you. The price of the meal is reasonable and children eats for .99 cents that includes a drink for the child. This price is with and adult meal.