“Less than we expected”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Gastropub, Soups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Coffee and E. North
Transit: The Main Street Trolley runs right past the restaurant.
Description: The Green Room was opened to satisfy those who would like to go for out for a great evening that will include all of the following attributes, Exquisitely Created Menu Items (everything is made from scratch inside The Green Room), Fine Dining Service, Casual Intimate Atmosphere, and Expertly made drinks from Experienced Bartenders. When you join us @ The Green Room we want you to be able to come not for just a meal, but your evening!
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We had out-of-town guests and thought to treat them to some honest low-country cuisine. The Green Room is located on Main St in the middle of what I think of as Restaurant Row. The atmosphere was quite noisy and the overall feeling was more "bar" than restaurant. The menu was smallish and there proved to only be a few items that could be considered "low country". I selected the shrimp and grits and they were pretty good. Two of us selected the stuffed peppers and neither person finished their meal. They thought the food was bland and uninteresting. Overall - I will not make a return visit and would not recommend The Green Door as there are too many other good restaurants in downtown Greenville.

There are newer reviews for The Green Room

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Made reservations for 9am Sunday since our group needed to be leaving town before noon. It was an easy walk from the hotel and even though they would only take a group of 8 (and we had 11 so reserved a table for 8 and one for 4) we were able to all sit together since it was early and tables were open.

Service was a bit slow but who rushes on Sunday morning? The coffee could have been hotter but they kept it coming. Food was good and portions generous. The fruit bowl had a great variety. The french toast was more dense and chewy than I'm used to but it was a good quality bread. The bacon was very tasty! Definitely worth skipping the free powdered eggs at the hotel!

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I was in Greenville for the day in early September and ended up hungry for a very late lunch/early dinner @ 4:30. Several of the higher end restaurants were serving only bar food until 5:30 or 6:00 so my companion and I walked down Main Street and found "The Green Room". They were serving and the menu looked inviting. While the general atmosphere of the restaurant was not quite up to fine dining the menu definitely looked so. We were extremely pleased with both the food and the service. I live in Charleston, South Carolina and am well accustomed to entrees ranging in the $30 range. We passed on appetizers and each had some exceptionally well prepared fish dishes - presentation was quite good and the food was exceptionally good! The portions were quite adequate and dinner for two with non-alcoholic beverages came in @ $56 + tip. I would highly recommend this restaurant for dinner when your travels bring you to downtown Greenville! Great food, great service, reasonably priced, small & quaint with acceptable atmosphere. Right on Main Street.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Our food was great! I had the Blt and a cup of cauliflower soup. My husband had a side salad and a po'boy. The food was delicious, the service lacked. They were always behind..they were a little busy but not that busy to be forgotten. We asked for our ticket to pay and she gave it and walked away. We had our card out to pay...we sat there for about 10 min. just waiting and wanting to pay and leave. The hostess was outside on the phone while we stood and waited for a table when we first got there...should have been a sighn. Will be hard to go back, if we do it's because of their food. Also a little loud, should work on their noise levels.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

while the restaurant was extremely busy, service was excellent and food was delivered in a timely mannery. We ordered two appetizers and they were very good portions and very tasty!

And they put the Alabama- Mich game on for me