“A seafood gem in the upstate!”

Ricks Erwin's Nantucket Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Ricks Erwin's Nantucket Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 930 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main Street
Description: You wouldn't believe you weren't sitting near the ocean in New England. Located in the heart of downtown Greenville, across from the Peace Center for Performing Arts, everything about Nantucket inspires a feeling of deep satisfaction. Picture rich walnut-stained wood, elegant yet warm lighting, natural earth-tone colors, and the delicate mingling of fine wine, laughter and conversation. Nantucket is that rare destination that is at once relaxing and entertaining...Intimate and open...Romantic and engaging. Long, panoramic windows extend alongside the inviting bar and dining area to afford views of the Village Green and the courtyard patio, complete with a towering, artfully crafted, lighted stone waterfall.
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Excellent service and the best grouper I have EVER had! We lived in Charleston, SC for 10 years and still own a place there, so we visit the coast regularly for our fresh seafood fix. Rick Erwin's Nantucket Seafood Grill ranks among the best seafood restaurants, competing even with the Charleston foodie scene. Try the Green Dragon, a spicy margarita that is very tasty. Also, desserts were fabulous.

There are newer reviews for Ricks Erwin's Nantucket Seafood

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Our first visit to the Nantucket Seafood Restaurant left a bit to be desired. We chose this place on a friends recommendation. We made reservations for four and arrived promptly , the service at the front was friendly and immediately took care to seat us. We were taken straight to the back and seated immediately outside the restrooms when there were plenty of much more desirable options. Service was attentive , even overly attentive and the food was average seafood ,I will admit the presentation was top notch. When ordering the wine were we're handed an iPad , with a wine selection app.. Ok it's a techy kind of thing but the price of the bottle shouldn't include a premium for this ... A Wine menu is just as helpful.. And maybe I wont need to pay $70 for a $18 dollar bottle of wine? I won't return here , there are much better offerings for seafood in Greenville area.

2  Thank beachbound01
Reviewed February 17, 2013

The Nantucket Seafood Restaurant is within the Marriot Courtyard Hotel in Greenville, and as such I was expecting 'normal' hotel food.
I didn't eat in the actual restaurant, but at the bar, where staff were happy to lay a place for lone diners like myself. The bar service was excellent, managed at the time by Dana. Even after going travelling for 6 days, on arrival back at the hotel, she remembered my drink!
The only negative comment regarding the food, was that soup was served just warm, and not piping hot. Main courses like the trout with a pecan crust were perfectly sized portions, and of superb quality. On a night when I ordered a dish that was sold out, Pam, the restaurant manager came to the rescue with an excellent substitute.
I look forward to my return.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

The food was excellent. The barbecued oysters and scallops oscar were very tasty. The service was disappointing for a restaraunt of this caliber. You should have to chase someone down to get fresh ground pepper for your caesar salad like I did. And then the bread was delivered to the table with no butter or olive oil and none offered. Once again I had to chase someone down to get some olive oil. Since you are paying for excellent service at a restaraunt in this price range these lapses were very disappointing.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

There was a nice selection of wines and the bartender knew how to mix good drinks. Other than that, the food was uninteresting, not seasoned properly and the servers seemed to be intimidated by customers.

Dear Servers at Nantucket: You need to know your menu, your kitchen and you gotta be congenial to customers when they show up!

It's a shame this place doesn't serve better since it is bolted onto the side of Greenville's Downtown Marriott, a brand known for wonderful service.