“Overpriced & pretentious”

Ricks Erwin's Nantucket Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Ricks Erwin's Nantucket Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 939 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main Street
Description: You wouldn't believe you weren't sitting near the ocean in New England. Located in the heart of downtown Greenville, across from the Peace Center for Performing Arts, everything about Nantucket inspires a feeling of deep satisfaction. Picture rich walnut-stained wood, elegant yet warm lighting, natural earth-tone colors, and the delicate mingling of fine wine, laughter and conversation. Nantucket is that rare destination that is at once relaxing and entertaining...Intimate and open...Romantic and engaging. Long, panoramic windows extend alongside the inviting bar and dining area to afford views of the Village Green and the courtyard patio, complete with a towering, artfully crafted, lighted stone waterfall.
Reviewed January 28, 2012

Pushy server...overpriced food and not that tasty...missing lobster claw on the lobster entree, do they only have one claw?...tables crowded together...server and manager made us get up to move the table for a bigger party that had arrived after us...we had reservations.

4  Thank SCTripper

Reviewed January 9, 2012

My wife and I decided to drop in on a Friday night. We did not have reservations, and they were booked solid to 8:15. However, the hostess advised there are tables available at the bar area on a first come, first serve basis. We felt that since the place was packed, the food must be good so we decided to wait it out with a drink in the bar area. The bar area was crowded and festive. We were able to be seated in about 30 minutes, and the atmosphere was alive and great so the time passed quickly. So far we were having a wonderful time.

We started with the spicy crab pimento cheese dip appetizer. The pimento cheese was tasty and not real spicy, but the crab meat was very fishy tasting. Not sure if it was a bad shipment of crab or not prepared properly, but I have never had crab meat taste like that. It did not have the normal sweet taste.

My wife and I both opted for the surf & turf. The lobster tail flavor was very good, however, was small for the price compared to other fine restaurants I have eaten. We both ordered our filets rare, and mine came out medium rare, and my wife’s was cooked all the way through. She had only a tiny amount of red meat inside the steak. We were both very hungry and figured the kitchen was just very busy (and it was). The steaks did taste fine, however, for the price, we both felt more care should have been taken preparing the steaks. The highlight of the meal was the mashed potatoes and vegetables. They were terrific. What should have been a simple side item ended up being my favorite part of the meal.

We have dined at Rick Erwin’s other restaurant, and the food there was significantly better than Nantucket’s. We have only eaten here once so I would not write it off, but for the price we were definitely not totally satisfied with the food. The waitress was great and was always very friendly despite a very crowded restaurant. The restaurant has a great atmosphere and the service was great so it really helped offset the disappointment in the food. The food was not bad, but not what you expect when you pay that kind of money. I have a tough time rating because overall we had a good experience, but the food was definitely not up to the standards of the prices.

2  Thank Michael T
Reviewed December 24, 2011

My wife and I had been riding our motorcycle around town and we decided to check out the new seafood place downtown. I realize we were wearing jeans and might have been somewhat under dressed compared to the other patrons....however we have traveled extensively and many times on the motorcycle. We have eaten in resorts, casinos and fine dining establishments all over North America and the Caribbean. I dont ever recall anyone asking me to remove my ball cap anywhere>

7  Thank mrpak5604
Reviewed December 23, 2011

Loved the food and didnt real rushed even on a busy Saturday night

Reviewed December 19, 2011

I went to Nantucket Seafood Grill with my young daughter prior to an event at the Peace Center which is located right across the street. I wanted a restaurant that was both convenient for our evening and fairly nice, and Nantucket fit the bill. I'm sure that five-year olds are not their typical clientele, but they went above and beyond to ensure that both she and I had a wonderful time.

I started by calling to ask about their ability to provide something suitable to a child's palate, and they assured me that they could provide a small but satisfying menu to meet our needs. I made a reservation with a request to be seated by the window, since the courtyard at Courtyards by Marriott had been converted into an ice skating rink. I thought that would be fun for us to watch. They said they would take care of it.

On the night of the event, we showed up for our reservation and the staff at the host stand told my daughter how beautiful she looked in her dress. My daughter simply loved the attention. We were indeed seated by the window so that we were able to watch the people ice skating while we ate. Our server was Ashley, as I recall, and she was simply amazing. She made sure my daughter was comfortable, engaged her as best she could in conversation despite my daughter's shyness, and even helped to serve my daughter's food onto her plate. She was a delight!

The food was absolutely incredible. I started us off with the spicy crab pimento cheese dip which came with garlic croutons. It did have a little heat to it, but the heat was in the sauce that was drizzled over the crab and cheese dip and on the plate, so I was able to scoop that off for myself which removed the spicy part so my daughter could have some. She loved it and we both ate a bunch.

While my daughter stuck with Sprite, I had a couple of glasses of a very nice California Pinot Noir that I unfortunately cannot remember the name of. Nantucket has a nice wine list though, so you are sure to find something to please.

For our entrees, the menu had a couple of really interesting dishes that seemed very child-friendly so I opted for those instead of ordering something like chicken fingers for my daughter. I'm so glad I did! I ordered the chicken piccata which came with fingerling potatoes and grilled asparagus. It was very tasty. My daughter tried some of my chicken and agreed with me. For my daughter, I ordered sides as her entree. Nantucket has a four-cheese macaroni and cheese side dish that is very delicious. In addition to that, they serve a side called Nantucket Hash Browns with carmelized onions and bacon. Now, anyone who's eaten at Nantucket will be wondering how my 5-year old and I ate all that, because these side dishes were huge. But let me tell you, that macaroni and cheese was awesome and even though I tried a little, my daughter could have polished off the whole thing by herself. The Nantucket hash browns though... wow. If I could start every day with a plate of those, I would never need any other kind of breakfast for the rest of my life. They worked just as well as a side dish, and though we couldn't finish it we certainly tried our best!

Despite all the food with our entrees, my daughter held back a little space for dessert and we split a piece of peanut butter fudge pie. It was delicious and a great way to end a lovely daddy-daughter dinner.

We were in the restaurant for almost an hour and a half, which is amazing for my five-year old. It didn't seem that long, and we were very comfortable spending time there. Nantucket was certainly not a cheap place to take my daughter but then that's not what I was looking for. I always shake my head at people who seem unwilling to pay a little more for a fine restaurant with great food and a really nice ambiance but insist on going and giving a bad review anyway. I expected to pay a little more for a memorable and special evening out with my daughter, and that is exactly what Nantucket delivered. I would highly recommend Nantucket to anyone searching for a great evening out.

1  Thank Neerdowell